Green circle offset

Started by 6eor6e6, December 15, 2014, 11:13:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robbiegal

that price is crazy for such a simple error

just goes to show that there's something for everyone in ebay land!!

it looks as if one in your set of 5 was a tad offset as well George - or is it the angle of the photo?

ausjack

OMG :swoon: Gee George you did really well there, go gett'em mate :winkextra:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Cooper S

I just opened mine up an had a look I have one with off centre green and the tops of all the letters in Elizabeth missing

I'm tempted to Palm it off on eBay :)
\"Its only worth how much you want it.\"

ausjack

Well done coop :good: I just sussed my one and only I got from sydney and this is what I found
horrible green doesn't have any definition :(

weak strike on a couple of letters, mainly E

now this has got me because the W in two is flat the same as other letters but the bottom has a raised bit, very odd




A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Cooper S

I'll try and get some pics up tonight
\"Its only worth how much you want it.\"


keldaw

A J , look at the o in  TWO , it has a big mark on it to .  ,, kel ,,
take care because we care ..

ausjack

Thanks Eric :)

Yeah not happy Jan, it's a big bag mark Kel :( The mark on the W is raised but the O is sunk down. It's really hard to get a good pic of the W because of reflections and because it's small but it is raised so be interesting to see if anyone else finds one like it.

Ok wasn't happy with those pic's so angled it even more and under light and not sunlight so still not happy but they're a little better so here ya's go




Now show me the money :laugh2:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

6eor6e6

Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='64499' dateline='1419814848'that price is crazy for such a simple error

just goes to show that there's something for everyone in ebay land!!

it looks as if one in your set of 5 was a tad offset as well George - or is it the angle of the photo?

yes you are correct and thanks, wasnt aware of it and I had checked those coins, may of been distracted when I found that all those coins had a problem in the lettering of Elizabeth.
It made me check my listing though to find that the description was not what I intended, corrercted now.
Trying to get some pics organised through that tinypic site, first go so may take a bit.

I see a lot of other coins have survaced, I will check My 'W's AJ

robbiegal the offset is much as the first coin.
Thanks George

PS Holding off celebration havent been paid yet

heres my first go at tinypics, My PC doesnt like it being open whilst working here, very slow.




WoW thats a blow out sorry

only new at this as you most know, have opened 3 x rolls from 1980 and this one and its coins are trashed in comprison to the 1980s ?

Is there a reason, I have 84 & 85 $1 MOR that there end coins are splendid in comparrison to this $2 Remembrance coin.
No foe shall gather our harvest or sit on our stock yard rail

ausjack

Hey George, I use the setting for message boards for the size that comes up on my posts, yell out if you need a hand, Nevol put me onto it and I find it ok, a bit of a pain loading their security code but stll pretty quick and I don't have to resize or anything, just a few clicks and I'm done.

Oh and about the 84/85 MOR, yes it's called quality control and it left the mint in the mid to late 90's :dash1:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

robbiegal

AJ - your $2 is off set as well
chuck it up on ebay! pronto

ausjack

I'm still looking for a partner in crime RG so as soon as I find someone I'll be putting a few things up because I have thought about a lot of different things like auctions and dealers and even trading assistant for quite a few years but you have to suss them all out as they really vary in the percent they charge, some are around 20% flat rate and others charge to take pic's and list and end up over 50% so here's a link to trading assistant.
http://tradingassistant.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=TradingAssistant
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

robbiegal

ok
I caved
I got a couple of these rolls
taking piccies, I noticed that one roll - tail/tails has both coloured ends off centre very cool

now to figure out how to put my gallery pic here as photobucket just won't work for me anymore with windows 8.1 (figured it out! huge pics)


runway

What is the best way to protect coin rolls for storage that ensures the end coins don't tarnish?
Buy what gives you enjoyment

Fulvio

Quote from: '6eor6e6' pid='64457' dateline='1419670343'I will send you one, not sure it will have error LOL
Have to learn about Dogecoin

Well, the big black line across my vision finally dropped low enough that I can see properly again (should be more or less back to normal in a few more days, then I can ditch this green hazmat wristband.. yay!).

So I drove to the post office today, and found a couple of lovely xmas cards, from Sale and Mackay. One of them had lots of staples (sadly not easy to remove.. ah well) and a prezzie inside. :)

And it has strikethroughs at the bottom of the T and the top of the C, plus maybe a crack right on the rim, but can't tell if that's the 2x2, and anyway, nobody cares about rims, do they?

I shall treasure it. My one and only mounted one of these, as no way am I opening any rolls, and I bet I have zero chance of pulling any out of circulation. :dodgy:

So, how goes the Doge research? We're up about 20% this month, and peaked yesterday before dropping slightly. I snagged a couple million more coins real cheap, so I'm happy. Even sold a few at a decent profit pretty well right away. :)
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW