Green circle offset

Started by 6eor6e6, December 15, 2014, 11:13:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

6eor6e6

Hello, sorry if this has been spoke about, in all honsety I could search for hours and still miss it, just like shoppng at the supermarket. I just havent got that much time.

The green circle on this $2 remembrance coin has been misplaced by a bit. Can someone tell me if this a regular thing to be expected ?
The green on the C is firm and tiny bit at bottom  of  rim. Rim seems a bit different. The right hand dot is less in height than the left side, have coin that it bearly exist, same side
[attachment=3074]

Should I hang on to it or flog it off, to help pay for near on $1K spent last couple of weeks on proof sets, love proof coins, thats my scene.

Any help would be appreaciated George

If this thread is wasting space please delete.

George
No foe shall gather our harvest or sit on our stock yard rail

trout

Nicely found :good:
If you don't want to keep it then list it on eBay, I think it will attract a lot of bids.
nice to Finally see a "Genuine" error with these coloured $2 coins.:yahoo:

I'm still waiting for the "Missing ink" ones to show up on the bay :dodgy:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

6eor6e6

Thanks trout, I will list on ebay tonight or the next.

I have had a bit of a look at coins from this roll and a lot have colour offset varying small amounts but none other has the colour where it shouldnt be like in this coin encroaching into the doves space. Seems more uncommon to find the circle placed dead centre.

Could someone give opinion of the offset of the coin itself please, everytime I look at it jumps out at me, here is the obverse

[attachment=3075]

Appreciate George
No foe shall gather our harvest or sit on our stock yard rail

robbiegal

personally I think both errors are quite minor but let the collectors decide!

runway

good luck with the ebay listing
Buy what gives you enjoyment

Fulvio

Quote from: '6eor6e6' pid='63788' dateline='1418779184'Could someone give opinion of the offset of the coin itself please, everytime I look at it jumps out at me, here is the obverse

Verrry nice die fill you got there. Linda got over $40 for a pretty beaten up $1 with a similar fill some time back.... do a search here and you'll find it.

The printing offset is minor, but if its the same coin,. its a handy 'extra' feature worth mentioning.

The speckling isn't. I haven't looked at my Remembrance coins yet, because they're all in RAM rolls which I won't open, but the Coronations last year exhibited a lot of speckling.. it was quite hard to find a coin without it. In fact, even the standard designs packed in the same bags had purple flecks on them.

So yeah, push the die fill, ignore the paint. And FWIW, I'd pay $10 for a coin like this, and I'm a tightarse, so feel free to use that as a yardstick. ;)
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

6eor6e6

Quote from: 'Fulvio' pid='63847' dateline='1418904390'
Quote from: '6eor6e6' pid='63788' dateline='1418779184'Could someone give opinion of the offset of the coin itself please, everytime I look at it jumps out at me, here is the obverse

Verrry nice die fill you got there. Linda got over $40 for a pretty beaten up $1 with a similar fill some time back.... do a search here and you'll find it.

The printing offset is minor, but if its the same coin,. its a handy 'extra' feature worth mentioning.

The speckling isn't. I haven't looked at my Remembrance coins yet, because they're all in RAM rolls which I won't open, but the Coronations last year exhibited a lot of speckling.. it was quite hard to find a coin without it. In fact, even the standard designs packed in the same bags had purple flecks on them.

So yeah, push the die fill, ignore the paint. And FWIW, I'd pay $10 for a coin like this, and I'm a tightarse, so feel free to use that as a yardstick. ;)

Thank you, Thank you & Thank you, may all your coins have errors.
Yes same coin.
I missed it, after looking for it in the previous 13 coins.
Noticing the the offset colour may of frew me, me green at this, although something was bugging me about the obverse, maybe eyes registered but not the brain.
Have just ended it on EBay for rethink. was auctioning for 10 days starting at $10, considering keeping for now at least.

Appreciate allerting me
No foe shall gather our harvest or sit on our stock yard rail

6eor6e6

Quote from: 'Fulvio' pid='63847' dateline='1418904390'
Quote from: '6eor6e6' pid='63788' dateline='1418779184'Could someone give opinion of the offset of the coin itself please, everytime I look at it jumps out at me, here is the obverse

Verrry nice die fill you got there. Linda got over $40 for a pretty beaten up $1 with a similar fill some time back.... do a search here and you'll find it.

The printing offset is minor, but if its the same coin,. its a handy 'extra' feature worth mentioning.

The speckling isn't. I haven't looked at my Remembrance coins yet, because they're all in RAM rolls which I won't open, but the Coronations last year exhibited a lot of speckling.. it was quite hard to find a coin without it. In fact, even the standard designs packed in the same bags had purple flecks on them.

So yeah, push the die fill, ignore the paint. And FWIW, I'd pay $10 for a coin like this, and I'm a tightarse, so feel free to use that as a yardstick. ;)

Just incase your interested its on ebay with just over a day left, biding at $21.16

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/141514439139?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

George PS i'll owe you a spotters fee
No foe shall gather our harvest or sit on our stock yard rail

Fulvio

Quote from: '6eor6e6' pid='64451' dateline='1419660734'Just incase your interested its on ebay with just over a day left, biding at $21.16

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/141514439139?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

$26 and counting... NICE!

I'm actually tempted to bid myself, given that I'll probably never open my rolls, and don't expect to see any in circulation.

If only you took Dogecoin... :angel:
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

6eor6e6

Quote from: 'Fulvio' pid='64455' dateline='1419665156'
Quote from: '6eor6e6' pid='64451' dateline='1419660734'Just incase your interested its on ebay with just over a day left, biding at $21.16

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/141514439139?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

$26 and counting... NICE!

I'm actually tempted to bid myself, given that I'll probably never open my rolls, and don't expect to see any in circulation.

If only you took Dogecoin... :angel:

I will send you one, not sure it will have error LOL, please pm an address.
Was thinking about sending you a coin anyways.

Have to learn about Dogecoin

Thanks George
No foe shall gather our harvest or sit on our stock yard rail

Fulvio

Quote from: '6eor6e6' pid='64457' dateline='1419670343'I will send you one, not sure it will have error LOL, please pm an address.
Was thinking about sending you a coin anyways.

Have to learn about Dogecoin

Thanks, PM sent. And http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ has a handy PDF on the subject. ;)
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW



Fulvio

Quote from: '6eor6e6' pid='64475' dateline='1419728308'Paint missing !!! a lot can have that.

Well, well.. two pretty much identical examples, eh? This guy's dreaming at $500 though. But then again, $130 was pretty insane too. Who'da thunk it? ;)

Oh, and I love his 'airtight holder' .. BS name for a 2x2. ;)
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

6eor6e6

Quote from: 'Fulvio' pid='64491' dateline='1419784769'
Quote from: '6eor6e6' pid='64475' dateline='1419728308'Paint missing !!! a lot can have that.

Well, well.. two pretty much identical examples, eh? This guy's dreaming at $500 though. But then again, $130 was pretty insane too. Who'da thunk it? ;)


Oh, and I love his 'airtight holder' .. BS name for a 2x2. ;)

What we ask for and what we get can have a bit of distance.
Thought my coin had more to offer, marginally with the offset colour, plenty were are offset but not so as to have the colour in the field space of dove.
 
Am very pleased with the outcome :yahoo:, only 2 bidders.

Thanks George

PS off to post office this morn.
No foe shall gather our harvest or sit on our stock yard rail