Silver Saturday

Started by Triggersmob, January 25, 2014, 01:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

gweidion

Lovely, but the wear saddens me. Why don't you have a pristine one Tane? Go and get one now !

Tanecoins

If I find a time machine that can take me back to 1552 or a money tree that shoots gold bars at me - consider it done.
Collecting beautiful silver coins and loving Numismatics!

gweidion


Tanecoins

No mucking around this Saturday, and we will tone the impressiveness down for some of you

Look at this! Just a basic 201 year old British sixpence in basic old near UNC condition. Nothing to get fussed about only cost mid 3 figures.

[attachment=4226] [attachment=4227]

This thing is a beauty and I just had to have it. The design is so intricate and it could have been made yesterday, but no someone has taken special pains to preserve this beauty for over 200 long years. Its sure to please Gweidon.

Hope you all like it, its the star of my sixpence collection.
Collecting beautiful silver coins and loving Numismatics!

Triggersmob

A very sweet looking coin Tane.
Steve

OFEC count = 258

Triggersmob

My silver contribution today is a 1940 Denver mint Mercury dime. The best one in my collection.
It looks very shiny and uncirculated in hand. The pic doesn't do it justice.
My camera struggles with small and shiny coins.

Steve

OFEC count = 258

gweidion

Quote from: 'Tanecoins' pid='130590' dateline='1765578594'This thing is a beauty and I just had to have it. The design is so intricate and it could have been made yesterday, but no someone has taken special pains to preserve this beauty for over 200 long years. Its sure to please Gweidion.

Hope you all like it, its the star of my sixpence collection.

Yep, you are right. I love that. Plus it would have taken multiple people to keep that looking good all that time. Given how short lifespans were back then, 5 or more generations. 
Lovely.

And a nice dime too Steve. Crazy silver prices at present.
Trump's family must have big investments in silver and got him to declare it a critical asset.
Not that it ISN'T a critical asset.

Triggersmob

I'm watching the silver price everyday. Waiting for it to hit AUD$100. Maybe next week.
I've seen predictions of it going much higher...US$400 - 600 by March. Not sure if that will happen though.
If it does, my mortgage is paid off. :)
Steve

OFEC count = 258

Tanecoins

Agree totally, my sixpence is blingorama, but these phone cameras seem to limit every coin to VF dull at best.

With silver the $100 barrier has sailed with our dollar. It hit that last month and now its like $107 our money and was $111 early Friday morning. Even the cheaper bullion outfits are selling most generic silver ounce rounds for $119 and Eagles at like $128 each, my price of $102 each 2 months ago, seems a distant bargain.

And a 2023 Britannia I paid $58 for in mid 2023, I thought was a rip off them, and the Austrian Philharmonik was $48.
Collecting beautiful silver coins and loving Numismatics!

Tanecoins

Keeping the American theme going, have some Barber half dollar realness. This type of coin is notoriously hard and expensive to find outside of Very Good and worse examples. Here I have something in the VF category for you.

[attachment=4228] [attachment=4229]

1910 San Fran Half Dollar, less common but some good detail with a full Liberty in her head band and some great feather detail, with some good tone, only VFish, this is basically a $100+ coin and Americans go crazy over these.
Collecting beautiful silver coins and loving Numismatics!

gweidion

Nice looking coin, but again I cry about the wear. I can only imagine how nice it could look.
Lucky it isn't enough to convince me to collect anything more than my Morgans.

Triggersmob

Very nice Tane. I only have 1 Barber half in my collection.
1908-S
Steve

OFEC count = 258

Tanecoins

Quote from: 'gweidion' pid='130612' dateline='1766216804'Nice looking coin, but again I cry about the wear. I can only imagine how nice it could look.
Lucky it isn't enough to convince me to collect anything more than my Morgans.

Me too, tears of true pain. Maybe you should buy me and especially Trigg some shiny UNC examples for Christmas.

:taunt:  :idea:

Meanwhile 2 hours to go, time to show the silverware.
Trigg - one is better than nothing and yours is about normal for these long used and abused coins, but one is the lonliest number!
Collecting beautiful silver coins and loving Numismatics!

Triggersmob

Well, it's been a big week for silver. Market closed this week @ $118.02 per ounce (about $136 for Tane).
That makes even the lowly 3d coin worth at least $2.67 in silver alone.
A full set of silver pre-decimal coins now worth over $3500 in silver alone.

Steve

OFEC count = 258

Basilstate

Yes,Silver A$118.00 and expected to rise but there has to be a correction surely.

I know Dealers can't believe the rapid rise but international forces govern the Gold/Silver price,STBO.

Edit...rose to A$124 overnight,no one seems to know why and who's buying other than the obvious of being dragged up by Gold.


https://www.news.com.au/finance/money/investing/silver-hits-record-prices-in-china-amid-demand-and-short-supply/news-story/e0de07e7919711e75c8b7f461fa723e4