14-sided fifty cents

Started by drakesterling, November 01, 2012, 12:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

drakesterling

Anybody seen the new 14-sided dragon fifty cent coins? What do you think of the quality of them?

Bigfellani5

I have got my first lot of 50......not brilliant production.....see if my next lot are any difference....I suspect not

accumulator

Have'nt seen any in hand yet but have a couple on the way.
Are they poorly struck ? or is it other issues ?

AaronG

Am I the only one who doesn't know anything about these? Are these new cons coming into circulation or are they just a collectors item?

trout

Quote from: 'AaronG' pid='2356' dateline='1351821581'Am I the only one who doesn't know anything about these? Are these new cons coming into circulation or are they just a collectors item?

you are definatly not alone on this.
I have no idea about this coin
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum


Nevol

A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

trout

Looks like I will have to get these to keep up my collection.
They realy don't look like an Aussie coin but hay they are there and it is 2 more to add to the album :dash1:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

planchetflaw

Horrible quality on the coins. Scratches, bag marks, etc. Not really collectable sale quality at all. More like circulation unc quality. The mint hardly care these days.

trout

I have just ordered both of these coins.
I'll post pic's when they arive.
I sure hope they are in better nick than everyone elses.
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

triplewitch

I got mine today along with the Surfing Australia and Bathurst coins, and it looks like an average circulation strike compared to the latter two.-John
-John

enworb

Why 14 sides? seems stupid to me...

triplewitch

I asked that question on the RAM Facebook page.  I'll post any response.-John
-John

trout

Quote from: 'enworb' pid='2911' dateline='1352550498'Why 14 sides? seems stupid to me...

A 12 sided coin when it first came out sounded stupid as well:angel:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

drakesterling

They're looking to be MS62s and 63s on average, with a lot of body bags!