Pretty Purple Proofs

Started by enworb, December 06, 2013, 02:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

enworb

I got a 1966 proof set today. The 20c and 5c are both stunners. Heaps of purple for those that way inclined.










Im gonna be flipping this set. From people's experience is it better to sell as a set or individually??

stevo1962

You'll do far better to slab them but failing that selling them individually would be the ticket.The last set I bought cost me $190 but the 50c had a few marks on it so I flipped it for $152 and kept everything else.People may just need 1 coin to finish a set so will pay more
It\'s not about who you know it\'s about what you know

enworb

I dont think they would slab very well steve. The 50c has a nice rev but the obv is a dog. The others have some light milky or black spots but are still a bit better than average.

stevo1962

Quote from: 'enworb' pid='36349' dateline='1386302348'I dont think they would slab very well steve. The 50c has a nice rev but the obv is a dog. The others have some light milky or black spots but are still a bit better than average.

Yeah that does make it a bit tougher.When I was buying 1966 proof sets there were times when I would get a set with a few dogs in it so after a few sets I could make up a complete set of dogs and would them sell it.I would keep doing this until I had perfect sets but you may just have to flip the whole set if you aren't looking to keep any
It\'s not about who you know it\'s about what you know

trout

sell them individually :ok:
These sets are prone to toning and spotting also they rattle about in that open case and are often scratched in the process.
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

stevo1962

Jim's probably right,I see that there are a few coins listed on ebay and most of them have spots so the good ones are generally kept and the crap sold off
It\'s not about who you know it\'s about what you know

enworb

Alrighty individually it is. Thanks guys. Any idea what the 20c might fetch?

stevo1962

Quote from: 'enworb' pid='36353' dateline='1386303486'Alrighty individually it is. Thanks guys. Any idea what the 20c might fetch?

Looks like it has a sctatch behind the queens head but you might get
$50 I would hope if buy now but might go $30-$40 at auction
It\'s not about who you know it\'s about what you know

enworb

Thanks steve. Will list em up tonight.

stevo1962

Quote from: 'enworb' pid='36355' dateline='1386303913'Thanks steve. Will list em up tonight.

How much did the set cost you?
It\'s not about who you know it\'s about what you know

enworb


stevo1962

Quote from: 'enworb' pid='36357' dateline='1386304071'$165 mate

Yeah you should do OK
It\'s not about who you know it\'s about what you know

trout

Be careful how you list em Matty.
I listed a 1966 proof PR66dcam PCGS last weekend and only got $26 for it :cray:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

lacey

so the queen has finally joined the blue rinse set.  I can't wait, lol but got a few years to wait yet.

runway

Quote from: 'enworb' pid='36347' dateline='1386301813'I got a 1966 proof set today. The 20c and 5c are both stunners. Heaps of purple for those that way inclined.










Im gonna be flipping this set. From people's experience is it better to sell as a set or individually??
Beautiful photography skills :yahoo:
Buy what gives you enjoyment