BIRTHDAY'S

Started by ausjack, June 21, 2013, 08:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

humpybong

Hope you both have a fantastic birthday.

NAPPY BIRTHDAY

:yahoo:
Cheers
Barry
humpybong
Moderator

\"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again\"

JeffH

A follow up to my birthday Saturday.
I spent the day home alone -the bride was running the polling booth; went before 7am and got home about 10pm. One phone call from son and daughter was moving house and just sent an email late saying she didn't call as, by the time she had time to sit down thought I would be in bed as I had a very early start next morning.
Correct decision as next day we had a trip to Beechworth (626km), to be there, lunchtime, for my mother's 90th birthday party.

When we arrived my grandsons handed me a bag as a birthday present for the previous day...

I had a hard time keeping that bag of goodies intact as grandsons were rather keen to help me start sampling. First time I have visited Beechworth and not actually visited The Beechworth Sweet Co.
Incidentally Fulvio, if your trip north requires passing here it had better be soon -this sample bag is slated to be sampled quite quickly!


Incidentally, if you are ever traveling the Hume Highway and looking for a meal break, around approximately halfway between Sydney and Melbourne, I highly recommend the Long Track Pantry at Jugiong. Good value and far superior to the offerings available at the Dog on the Tuckerbox service centre just down the road near Gundagai.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Unicorn

Yay Jeff ....... Skittles!!!!! :yahoo:

ausjack

Gee you did alright Jeff and I was wondering if you were hung over being so quiet as it's unlike you but I suppose a big trip knackers you out as it does me :) And many happy returns to your mum and hope she had a very :birthday:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

JeffH

No, not hungover. Birthday party was alcohol free except for some bubbly for a toast to the guest of honour. [I did sneak in a couple of stubbies of Coopers Ale after, but that barely counts.]
Driving around 1,300km in two days is rather tiring, especially as about half the distance on the first day was in heavy fog.
Mum loved the party -she has not had that much attention for years.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

ausjack

90 is a bit of a mile stone and I don't think any of my relies have ever live that long so she's doing really well.
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Goldseeker

It has me beat.

The older one gets, the less teeth one has so all one gets is chocolate, hard lollies, jelly beans etc.

I suppose that is better than socks, jocks and scarfs.

I still have a stack of eatables from xmas last year and then I get three jars of chocolate coated goodies for fathers day.

I am going to put up a sign saying "If you are giving lollies, chocolate etc, NO ENTRY".

My waistline and weight are taking a heavy beating.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


Nevol

Well done Jeff's Mum! Belated Happy Birthday!:yahoo::yahoo:
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

ausproofs

Happy Birthday Triggersmob :wavemulticolor:

Have a fantastic day !
Collecting coins is not about having the best, but loving what you have ...

humpybong

Happy  Birthday 'old fella'
Cheers
Barry
humpybong
Moderator

\"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again\"

JeffH

Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Unicorn

Happy birthday Steve, hoping you have a great day!

Robster

Birthday wishes Trigger. :wavemulticolor:
\"Everything in moderation, including moderation\".

Nevol

Happy Birthday Steve!

I hope you have a wonderful day!
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

trout

:birthday:
Happy birthday Steve .
Sunday, What a great day to have a birthday.
Plenty of time to relax and enjoy the day Mate :yahoo:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum