Collection Theme / Category choice

Started by 6eor6e6, November 18, 2014, 10:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

keldaw

thank you very much folks ,that is good advice .

 thank you also P P  that is very handy to have

 I know I have paid to much for some of these , but , I have bought them because I like the look of them and I am happy just to save them and not worry about the value , I just feel happy to own them ..

 I have saved it P P  I hope you don't mind .    

    ,, kel ,,
take care because we care ..

purplepennyhunter

Quote from: 'keldaw' pid='63903' dateline='1419027789'I have saved it P P  I hope you don't mind .    

    ,, kel ,,

Of course. It's free for everyone to use. Just one of a few calculator type things Mark knocked up.

I have seen auction houses with bulk silver lots calculate the lot with the calculator and print the page.

6eor6e6, I'm sure you'll find your collecting will change over time as you learn. As long as you enjoy what you're doing there is no rule for collecting except the rule you make yourself.
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

6eor6e6

Thank you all for reading and thoughts. Already a change, addition or maybe could say upgrade, at getting some slabbed or at least starting to research the cost and logistics. When my first proof set arrived, I marvelled at the beauty of the coins, being the first time I set eyes on a proof coin. Now would like to honour them so to speak, that will mean another category to set course on, say sticking to era or domination.
Will have to try and sell some to help finance, developing a fettish for copper coins, that i did not think would be the case ?  Well preserved proof copper that has that lustre and that light oil slick on water look, in the right light seem to have a character to me. Probably talking rubbish now.

Appreciate George
PS Florins are a stand for me to, noticed some today out of rolls on Ebay.
No foe shall gather our harvest or sit on our stock yard rail

trout

I too enjoy the Proof decimal coins, They are quite stunning and easy on the eyes :)
personally I don't have a collecting theme or choose any particular category of coins, I am all over the place like a Madman collecting any coin that takes my fancy at the time :angel:
Regardless of what you collect, As long as you are enjoying it is the most important thing to consider :yahoo:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum