1981 three and a half claw 20

Started by gregk, October 01, 2012, 06:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

runway

Quote from: 'interest' pid='33343' dateline='1383398540'
Quote from: 'Fulvio' pid='33329' dateline='1383378578'
Quote from: 'interest' pid='33327' dateline='1383377937'In fact that  hard, sharp line no longer exists on the twenty cent it stopped in 2000 when it became the rounded body which flows into the field.

Isn't it funny how we stare at millions of coins day in and day out, many of us looking for tiny errors at huge magnifications... and yet deliberate design changes slip by virtually unnoticed?

Thank you for bringing this up, mate.
That's okay.
But having said that, I am more excited regarding the shortened
"hard sharp line" on the Canadian 3 1/2 claws.
Of all the pages & pages written about the 3 1/2 claws, this seemed to have been missed.
I have read everything I could find on the 3 1/2 claws & have not found this to be mentioned anywhere.
 All of the 1981 coins I have pulled out of rolls & circulation
(the RAM, the Royal Canadian Mint & the Royal Mint.)
The Canadian mint is the only one with the shortened line.
But I would still like for as many people to check theirs for feedback
1981 Canadian 3 1/2 Claw left, 1981 RAM right



Quote from: 'runway' pid='33340' dateline='1383393720'Very good thread this one I have enjoyed it so far with the interesting comments and pics.
I like your work interest and gregk for starting this.
Thanks runway, do you have any you could check?
Hey Interest I've been intrigued and followed all the articles ever written about these 1981 20c
As a young boy back in 81 I tucked away every shiny new coin and I just recently sorted them and did find some 3 half claws,no images yet
Buy what gives you enjoyment

interest

Quote from: 'runway' pid='64431' dateline='1419605096'
Quote from: 'interest' pid='33343' dateline='1383398540'
Quote from: 'Fulvio' pid='33329' dateline='1383378578'
Quote from: 'interest' pid='33327' dateline='1383377937'In fact that  hard, sharp line no longer exists on the twenty cent it stopped in 2000 when it became the rounded body which flows into the field.

Isn't it funny how we stare at millions of coins day in and day out, many of us looking for tiny errors at huge magnifications... and yet deliberate design changes slip by virtually unnoticed?

Thank you for bringing this up, mate.
That's okay.
But having said that, I am more excited regarding the shortened
"hard sharp line" on the Canadian 3 1/2 claws.
Of all the pages & pages written about the 3 1/2 claws, this seemed to have been missed.
I have read everything I could find on the 3 1/2 claws & have not found this to be mentioned anywhere.
 All of the 1981 coins I have pulled out of rolls & circulation
(the RAM, the Royal Canadian Mint & the Royal Mint.)
The Canadian mint is the only one with the shortened line.
But I would still like for as many people to check theirs for feedback
1981 Canadian 3 1/2 Claw left, 1981 RAM right



Quote from: 'runway' pid='33340' dateline='1383393720'Very good thread this one I have enjoyed it so far with the interesting comments and pics.
I like your work interest and gregk for starting this.
Thanks runway, do you have any you could check?
Hey Interest I've been intrigued and followed all the articles ever written about these 1981 20c
As a young boy back in 81 I tucked away every shiny new coin and I just recently sorted them and did find some 3 half claws,no images yet

Hi RW so in all the articles you have read has this little line ever been mentioned?

runway

First I've heard about it Interest?
These 81 20c are intriguing and I love the history and research people are doing
Buy what gives you enjoyment