Mailing Discussion and Changes 2014

Started by purplepennyhunter, January 21, 2014, 07:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Goldseeker

Just keep the receipt for the bulk purchase of the Padded Bag in your wallet and show the girls at the post Office that the bags were previously bought.

I do that and have no trouble at all.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


JeffH

Just noticed AP has changed the on-line postage calculator. Postage calculator
Last time they did that they made it less user friendly. Guess what? Yes you got it -too many (usually unwanted) choices getting into it which means even more clicking "next" links.
What galls me is they probably paid a large sum to a consultant to do that.

Also, it doesn't display properly in Firefox; tried IE and it doesn't work there at all (no worry, I don't use IE and this brief look was enough to confirm why).
Also, it is very buggy and requires going back and starting again often.

Good one Australia Post.

[Of course my computer might just have decided that it doesn't like AP, coincidentally just when this change was made -but, I doubt it.]
Try it and report your experience.
Thanks,
Jeff
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

ausjack

Gee I'm not even game to look Jeff as I was and am still super peeved at the so called tracking that was a hell of a lot better than the "new and improved" system. I thought the word improve meant to make it better but these turds are going backward at an extreme amount of knots, very sad and not only the consultants but upper management for approving but it's all about stuffing everything up and say it better just to keep their jobs, this is happening everywhere..and it's all to make life easier for us..yeah right :(
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Goldseeker

been there, love it but I don't send teddies, I send coins so why not a coin app?
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


JeffH

Goldy, Goldy, didn't you see the "bottle of wine" option. You have my address so I will be waiting, waiting, waiting...
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

purplepennyhunter

Doesn't look particularly nasty or unuseable, just my favourite....different. Not better, probably worse, but right now just different. Now how can I send multiple soft teddies ?

That's it, you can't mix your teddies with your wine!!!

So who decided that these generic examples were useful?
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

ausjack

now now PP, teddies and wine should be for Mark only shouldn't they :)
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Goldseeker

Wine, booze button, me no drinkie da booze/wine.   I have several bottles of UNOPENED Baileys and a couple of bottles of scotch here that we got on our cruises of years past.   Still untouched.

If you ever call in at my house there is no beer in the fridge or a beer fridge.   Never acquired a taste for the stuff.

Me coffee only and a fair amount of goffers.   (Soft drinks for you non military types).
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


purplepennyhunter

Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

Unicorn

:dodgy: ..... hmmmm ...... two words .....



Bail Up!!

JeffH

All the changes I looked at seemed to be increases! Why am I not surprised?
 One that interests me most is registered -single sticker up from $3.50 to $3.70 and box of 50 stickers from $147.50 to $155.00. When prices were increased in April last year these went up to $3.20 and $135.00 -that is substantially in excess of general inflation rate.
Obviously they are trying to grab what they can because the Government pegs the basic letter prices but not the extras.

Pity they didn't have current and new prices in the document. That would have stirred up the natives.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

purplepennyhunter

It's another sneaky rise. Just some things and not all that much. Still enough to add up when they do it multiple times per year.
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum