Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - leonardp@tpg.com.au

#1
Australian Errors and Varieties / RE: 2000 Mule
April 28, 2019, 03:33:03 PM
Quote from: 'runway' pid='119245' dateline='1556366729'It's a mule so who are you sending it through?

Hi.  I'm in Brisbane so sending it through the Melb Mint. They have an office in the city but the wait is 3 months for the coin to come back.
#2
Hi

haven't posted for a while and now 3 in 1 day...  I have seen a lot of activity around the 2018 10c coin with Cotton and Co Rolls selling for upwards of $70 each on eBay. Rumor has it that this will be 1 of the lowest years for 10c coins in circulation if no more are minted. There hasn't been a lot of demand for more coins so the RAM folks I cornered today at the coin show don't seem to think there will be a lot more minted. More a heads up for the noodlers or those wanting to see what they can get on eBay for any mint bags etc. I did see bags listed for around $100+.
#3
Australian Errors and Varieties / 2000 Mule
April 27, 2019, 06:14:13 PM
ok.  My Mr Squiggle looks to be a fraud but this one is for real.  This one is off to get slabbed, pity it isn't a higher grade. Found this in an Armaguard roll from the Comm Bank.

[attachment=3859]

[attachment=3860]
#4
Not as nice as the one on the news from The Purple Penny but shopped this around the Brisbane Coin Show today and most agree it is a genuine error.  The RAM rep seemed to think it just missed the colour application process and passed on through to circulation. Almost gave the guy from the Melb Mint a heart attack when I casually handed it across for his review. Trying to get some indication of what it may be worth? No one seemed to be able to gauge a value and 1 suggested I throw it up on eBay with a high reserve and see what happens. Image attached with a non error coin for comparison.

[attachment=3858]
#5
Picked up 2x$50 $2 coin rolls and 20x$20 $1 coin rolls from the bank. Found a 2012 Coronation (first i over 6 months) and a couple of comm games coins. Picked up a 1984-1994 10 Year $1 coin and a couple of nearly unc Anzacs.  Also found this 2010 Rabbit.  Not a good example but I'll keep noodling.
#6
I try and grab a mixed bag of $500 from the Comm Bank over the weekend. Tend to look at the $2, $1, 50c and 20c as they have the commemoratives to find as well.  Been getting a few Comm Games $2 and the odd $1 and very rarely the $1 2016 Dec Currency and picked up a $1 2018 Anzac last weekend. Kids think I'm nuts but it's a way to relax and I can feel like a King in my Parlour for a while. Trying to build up a few decent sets of 2001 Federation coins but in over 12 months only have 9 sets of 50c and 4 of the 20c.
#7
[attachment=3769]Hi, newbie here.  I picked up the following coin in a $1 Armaguard roll from the Comm Bank.  Just after feedback on how this would be classified.  Note there is damage to the obverse of the coin.  Sample image below, other images located in my gallery.