Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Valuable Australian Coins You Can Find In Your Change

Thanks Mark,

Ok, please feel free to post some pic's if you can but for a very rough start and well worth keeping if you find them in loose change are the
1972 5 cent
1966 wavy 20 cent
2000 incuse millennium 50 cent
2000 $1 mule
these are the more wanted coins from circulation and some others are
Variety's- this is where they use a different die for the same coin so there is a slight difference in the design.
Cud- this is where a piece breaks off a die and the metal flows into the hole that was left from the chip.
Rim cud- same as a cud except it happens on the rim of the coin so there's a raised up section.
Die crack- this is where the die gets a crack and the metal flows into the crack leaving a slightly raised section but must be raised off the surface of the coin.
Rotation- this is where one of the dies rotates around so the obverse and the reverse do not line up properly.
Lamination- this is where there is a fault in the planchet (the blank coin) and it looks like the coins is split or has a flaking appearance.

There are many more things and as I think of them I'll add them but please feel free to help me out and if I've made a mistake please feel free to correct it as this is just a very rough start, thank you.
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Valuable Australian Coins You Can Find In Your Change - by ausjack - 26-05-2014, 09:37 AM