Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
possible 2000 $1 mule

Hey, Im hoping that some one may be able to help me, I found this 2000 $1 coin in my change from the pub the other night and think it may be a mule? Any opinion is welcome. Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(16-02-2014, 06:24 PM)Casual collector Wrote: Hey, Im hoping that some one may be able to help me, I found this 2000 $1 coin in my change from the pub the other night and think it may be a mule? Any opinion is welcome. Thanks

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner, AWSOME find mate.
Definitely a Mule and a nice one to boot.
Well Done Wavemulticolor
How rude of me
Welcome
To the forum and what an awsome intro post Yahoo
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

yep looks like a mule to me.
from WA ?

Yep.
Sure is.

Is it a recent find?

Almost definitely not a mule!. Send it to me with a $20 payment for forensic testing!

Of course it is a Mule. WELL DONE. Yahoo
“Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.”
 Frank Sinatra

Thanks for the prompt replies! I'm no coin expert, just a casual collector really, how do I go about having it valued etc? And what would be the best forum for possibly selling it? I sell a bit on ebay but don't know whether that's the best avenue for selling. Does anyone know how/where I can get it 'mounted'?

My Mrs bought it home from a pub on the Sunshine coast on Friday night! Pulled it out of the pokies, and she didn't cash in at the pub thankfully!

Ebay prices have been low recently as there have been quite a few listed; so list as "buy it now" for $500 if you wish to sell it now otherwise wait six months and see what the market is like.
Also show bigger images of both sides in your listing.

Quote:. Does anyone know how/where I can get it 'mounted'?
If you mean Slabbed and graded then there are many coin dealers that will send it in with their submissions for a reasonable fee.
Here is one that I recommend Ok
Drake Sterling Numismatics Pty Ltd

Also if you do intend to sell this get away from eBay and have a look here, charges are lower than eBay and I recon you will get a far better return for your coin Good

http://www.numisbid.com.au/
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Well found and welcome to the forum!

Well done, great find. Emu knows his mule stuff, big pics, set a price even consider lower offers as they come if you choose the ebay way.