Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Currency (Royal Australian Mint) possible things to come

A little look at 2014 Currency (Royal Australian Mint) possible things to come

$1 Copper, Aluminium and Nickel Colour Printed Coin - Ulysses Butterfly

Reverse
A coloured image of a butterfly. The design includes a representation of a larva and a pupa positioned on a branch with leaves and flowers and a representation of the contour of leaves. The design also includes the inscription ‘dollar’ superimposed on a part of the number ‘1’ and a stylised representation of the designer’s initials ‘AB’.

Obverse
Consistent with all Australian legal tender coinage, an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will appear on the obverse side of the coin together with the inscriptions ‘ELIZABETH II’, ‘AUSTRALIA’ and the inscription, in numerals, of a year. The obverse design includes the initials of the designer Ian Rank-Broadley ‘IRB’.

$1 Copper, Aluminium and Nickel Colour Printed Coin – Blow Fly

Reverse
A coloured image of a fly. The design includes a representation of eggs, larvae and pupae, the inscription ‘dollar’ superimposed on a part of the number ‘1’ and a stylised representation of the designer’s initials ‘BK’.

Obverse
Consistent with all Australian legal tender coinage, an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will appear on the obverse side of the coin together with the inscriptions ‘ELIZABETH II’, ‘AUSTRALIA’ and the inscription, in numerals, of a year. The obverse design includes the initials of the designer Ian Rank-Broadley ‘IRB’.

$1 Copper, Aluminium and Nickel Coin - 100 Years of ANZAC

Reverse
A representation of the Anzac Centenary logo, which is made up of a soldier and the inscriptions ‘00’, ‘YEARS OF’, ‘ANZAC’, ‘THE SPIRIT LIVES’ and ‘2014 – 2018’. The design includes an ornamental border immediately inside the rim of the coin and the inscription ‘ONE DOLLAR’.

Obverse

50c Copper and Nickel Coin - Boer War

Reverse
A representation of a statue of a soldier riding a horse. The design includes a representation of a pedestal containing the a coloured representation of the King’s South Africa medal ribbon and a coloured representation of the Queen’s South Africa medal ribbon. In the background, and partially obscured by the pedestal there is a stylised representation of a semi-circular wreath. The inscriptions ‘BOER WAR’, ‘1899’, ‘1902’ and ‘50’ are also included in the design together with a stylised representation of the designer’s initials ‘AB’.

Obverse

$1 Copper, Aluminium and Nickel ‘C’ Mintmark Coin – A Voyage to Terra Australis

Reverse
A central circle containing a representation of H.M. Sloop Investigator at sea, superimposed on a stylised representation of a compass. The design includes a representation of a part of the map of Australia and a series of radiating lines. The design also includes the inscriptions ‘1 DOLLAR’, ‘A VOYAGE TO TERRA AUSTRALIS’, ‘1814 - 2014’, ‘N’, ‘E’ and ‘S’ and the letter ‘C’, denoting the Royal Australian Mint in Canberra.

Obverse

(Also will have, privy marks, counter stamps, and a silver $1 and a gold $10 1/10th oz)

20c Copper and Nickel Coin – Australia Remembers Australian Comforts Fund

Reverse
A representation of a female knitting a sock and a male soldier reading a letter. The design includes a horizontal line, a representation of a 6-pointed star containing the inscription ‘A.C.F.’ and in the background, a representation of parcels. The inscriptions ‘AUSTRALIA REMEMBERS’, ‘AUSTRALIAN COMFORTS FUND’ and ‘20’ are also included in the design.

Obverse

$2 Copper, Aluminium and Nickel Coloured Coin – Remembrance Day ‘C’ Mintmark

Reverse
A stylised representation of sun rays surrounding a series of green coloured stripes arranged in a repetitive circular pattern. The design includes a representation of a circle and a central circle containing a representation of a dove with an olive branch in its beak. The inscriptions ‘REMEMBRANCE’ and ‘TWO DOLLARS’ and 2 representations of a dot are also included in the design, as well as the letter ‘C’, which denotes the Royal Australian Mint in Canberra.

Obverse

$2 Copper, Aluminium and Nickel Coloured Coin – Remembrance Day

Reverse
A stylised representation of sun rays surrounding a series of green coloured stripes arranged in a repetitive circular pattern. The design includes a representation of a circle and a central circle containing a representation of a dove with an olive branch in its beak. The inscriptions ‘REMEMBRANCE’ and ‘TWO DOLLARS’ and 2 representations of a dot are also included in the design.

Obverse

Can't wait to get one of these.
[Image: 2014__1_blowfly_coin_in_card_large.gif]

I don't normally go for this style of coin but...I need to have one so I can say "I have a 'blowie'"!

Of course I could just wander outside with a swatter to get one but it would not be the same. Not sure how I could press a real one onto a coin.
“Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.”
 Frank Sinatra

And the Ulysses Butterfly. Issue price $15. Part of 6 coins in the new Bright Bugs Series. Released February 3rd 2014. Expect a new Mint Issue from the RAM soon.

These remind me very much of the Perth Mint Backyard Bugs coins aimed at collector kids.

[Image: 2014__1_ulysses_Butterfly_coin_in_card_large.gif]

Why does the RAM have to change it packaging for these sets.

Now I will have to find pages and covers to store them in.

No wonder I am seriously thing of giving the whole thing up....Not Happy Jack!

(16-01-2014, 07:53 PM)Goldseeker Wrote: No wonder I am seriously thing of giving the whole thing up....Not Happy Jack!

Welcome aboard the good ship Marketing! Now do you get why I gave up on this crud years ago?

If it can't be got out of circulation, its not a coin, its a souvenir, IMO.
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

I was thinking same. The thing is they always have different packaging so I just use Vario pages in 1c, 2c, 3c and 4c and just use what fits.

Collect what you like is my motto
Buy what gives you enjoyment

(16-01-2014, 08:18 PM)Fulvio Wrote:
(16-01-2014, 07:53 PM)Goldseeker Wrote: No wonder I am seriously thing of giving the whole thing up....Not Happy Jack!

Welcome aboard the good ship Marketing! Now do you get why I gave up on this crud years ago?

If it can't be got out of circulation, its not a coin, its a souvenir, IMO.

Isn't it AWSOME when you really don't give a hoot about the packaging as it doesn't affect how I store the COIN DanceDance2Dance
That blowie one is a bit "Rank" but it is a 25mm $1 coin Good
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

(16-01-2014, 07:53 PM)Goldseeker Wrote: That blowie one is a bit "Rank" but it is a 25mm $1 coin Good

It's a 25mm al br dollar so a must have for me to.