Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Purple 2 Dollar Coins Available in Bags of Five

Think I will do the same- Ta.!
"Everything in moderation, including moderation".

(10-07-2013, 03:18 PM)Robster Wrote: Think I will do the same- Ta.!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I cant see the bag adding any value
It's not about who you know it's about what you know

I think I got the coins that they practiced on- even I can colour inside the lines'!! Dodgy
"Everything in moderation, including moderation".

(10-07-2013, 03:42 PM)stevo1962 Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but I cant see the bag adding any value

The way I look at it, we paid an 80% premium to get these, and the only thing differentiating them is the bag. If I set them free, they will be no different to the Armaguard bagged ones we're now seeing, without the premium.

My bags don't move, and the coins don't knock each other about. They're chemically safe, they're mechanically safe, and I can jailbreak them at any time in the future if that becomes desirable.

What I can't do is put them back in the bags if that turns out to be the way to go. So in the bags they stay, at least for now.
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

I am really looking forward to what happens with this coin, today I got my first purples in change got 3 of them and they were all banked they were so banged up and some had gouges out of them, the rims had deep cuts and gashes, the coins in circulation are going to get smashed up real quick.

I'm keeping mine in the bag, hey they can't get any worse! The baggie says Royal Australian Mint on itTongue

I'm leaving mine bagged for now, but will probably set them free if/when I get some that are in better condition. I know as soon as they are removed from the RAM bag, they're only worth $2 each.
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

(11-07-2013, 10:16 AM)Nevol Wrote: I'm leaving mine bagged for now, but will probably set them free if/when I get some that are in better condition. I know as soon as they are removed from the RAM bag, they're only worth $2 each.

Plus, the circulating ones are in better condition. My bags are definitely not getting busted open.
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

Why on earth would you buggers leave these in the dodgy plastic baggie from the mint ?
PVC or not the little sods will bash against each other every time you move them Ok
get them out of the baggies and 2x2 them, at least that way you buggers can flog em on ebay for $8-$10 each
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

(12-07-2013, 12:05 AM)trout Wrote: Why on earth would you buggers leave these in the dodgy plastic baggie from the mint ?
PVC or not the little sods will bash against each other every time you move them Ok
get them out of the baggies and 2x2 them, at least that way you buggers can flog em on ebay for $8-$10 each

Because they don't bash anything if you don't move them. And there's no need to flog 'em on ebay if you can flog ones from circulation instead.