Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 1oz silver proof 100 years military aviation

(19-03-2014, 06:52 PM)proof27 Wrote: Some people are just very opinionated.

Well... perhaps misunderstood through poor phrasing, more like.

There's nothing wrong with collecting anything and everything. And I quite like this coin, unlike many in recent memory. What I was saying was that these things are massively overpriced, and rapidly lose much of their value. That makes them a poor investment.

That isn't because of my opinion. That's because the entire collector community concurs and refuses to support any kind of secondary market for them. That's what makes them granny bait, not the fact that they're non-circulating.

My opinion is that we would all be much better served if the mints stopped treating collectors with disdain, and instead produced attractive products at realistic prices. That's why i loved the £20 coin so much.. a beautiful coin made to the highest standards, and issued at a very fair price (face value). There is no reason for any coin to be priced at five times its production cost, and a hundred times face value. No reason other than unmitigated greed, that is. Dodgy
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2014 1oz silver proof 100 years military aviation - by Fulvio - 19-03-2014, 08:01 PM