Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Black Caviar One Ounce Silver Coin Mintage Amended

Well the RAM appears to be messing with collectors again. One of the most popular releases this year, the Black Caviar Silver One Ounce Coin is now available in a third type of packaging. This time in a framed set. This takes the mintage out to 6,000. Read more on the Australian Coin Collecting Blog : The Royal Australian Mint is Horsing Around with Collectors

You know something interesting here aside from the mintage point is that the Cook Islands coin does not depict Black Caviar at all. It's a design of a "fine racehorse" commemorating the Queen's Royal duties in her Diamond Jubilee year. Her duties include attending the Gold Cup at Royal Ascot every June. Black Caviar did win that race in 2012 but not with the ease punters expected.

(14-07-2013, 06:57 PM)purplepennyhunter Wrote: You know something interesting here aside from the mintage point is that the Cook Islands coin does not depict Black Caviar at all. It's a design of a "fine racehorse" commemorating the Queen's Royal duties in her Diamond Jubilee year. Her duties include attending the Gold Cup at Royal Ascot every June. Black Caviar did win that race in 2012 but not with the ease punters expected.

UNBELIVEABLE , Thank God I got out of buying any more "Granny Bait" coins Angel
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

(14-07-2013, 08:25 PM)trout Wrote: UNBELIVEABLE , Thank God I got out of buying any more "Granny Bait" coins Angel

I've thought that soooo many times over the past few years, mate.
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

(14-07-2013, 11:44 PM)Fulvio Wrote:
(14-07-2013, 08:25 PM)trout Wrote: UNBELIVEABLE , Thank God I got out of buying any more "Granny Bait" coins Angel

I've thought that soooo many times over the past few years, mate.

These semi numismatic bullion coins are getting as bad as the RCM coins.
The dealers/scalpers clean out the mint and create their own prices in very short order.
Now they will have to buy all these other offerings to maintain their control of the prices, serves em right Laugh2
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum