Germany 5 Mark Coins

Started by Triggersmob, September 06, 2025, 10:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Triggersmob

Discussion on another thread has inspired me to create this one.
If you have any Germany 5 mark coins, please share them. 
This is just a sample of some nice proof coins I received from Ralf.

Steve

OFEC count = 258


Triggersmob

I have only one of that type, a 1936-F. I only have a picture of Hindenburg though, not the eagle.
Steve

OFEC count = 258


humpybong

I have a complete set from each mint of German Third Reich Coins.  Took me years to complete.

Now may have to sell them because of medical bills.
Cheers
Barry
humpybong
Moderator

\"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again\"

Triggersmob

I don't have any of the KM#82 5 mark, I would get Ralf to find me some, but I am too far in debt already.

Sorry to hear about your medical situation Barry. I hope it's not too serious.
Can you show us some of those coins?
Steve

OFEC count = 258

Tanecoins

Just one I have a photo of

And I can't upload it as the file size is 243kb and the limit is 200kb

Come on mods, its not 1994 anymore

It was an 1903 Berlin Prussia 5 Marks of Kaiser Billy (The one who tried to wipe out our British Empire)

I also have an 1878 Prussian 5 Marks of his grandad and numerous West German ones of 1966 (Silver) and 1975 onwards muck metal ones.
Collecting beautiful silver coins and loving Numismatics!

JeffH

You might be able to;
•crop the photo if background allows,
•reduce the overall size. Hint, convert to double the pixel size you are aiming for first then halve the size to minimise loss of detail,
•or save as a jpg with quality slightly reduced. 98% or 99% quality can reduce file size a good amount with no noticeable degradation. This is my first option to get under an upload size limit.
Just make sure to save your modified photo with a new file name, you don't want to overwrite your original.

I always use Paint.NET for picture processing -free, powerfull but also easy to use. A good alternative to Photoshop if you run Windows.
https://www.getpaint.net/
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Triggersmob

I use Windows Photos, It does everything I need.
Steve

OFEC count = 258

gweidion

Sorry to hear your health isn't good Barry. Took me years to get mine too. If it helps at all the prices you'll get on eBag are generally pretty good. (Except for their cut.)
At 90% silver you are looking at $16.53 US each in silver alone. If you do decide you have to sell think of us first, you might save some fees.
At least you know someone here will give them a good home.