Increasing the forum usage

Started by Gumardee, May 08, 2022, 09:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tanecoins

Increase the image size limits, increase amount of image storage and update just everything. A more visual board, may attract more viewers. I would also keep moderation nice and easy as far too many internet forums suffer from over moderation and forum board bans are too common for anyone with any diversity of opinion.
Collecting beautiful silver coins and loving Numismatics!

fred lever

I don't use this forum that much but do value it as a resource if I do research on some coin subject.
Also enjoy the chat about this and that, keeps me up with coin stuff as i have little contact with the hobby.
I probably would have used it more if I could get my head around attaching photos.
Don't try to tell me how to do it, it's one of those things (like mathematics) that my brain can't cope with!
Some sort of 'one click paste the jpg here' I could probably cope with.
I know my family cannot believe there are some things i can't do. Mathematics and talking to stupid people are at the top of the list!
I think the moderation is well done, i use other sites where the slanging sets in by stupid idiots with no vlaue at all.

Fred.

humpybong

Cheers
Barry
humpybong
Moderator

\"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again\"

Triggersmob

Totally agree Fred. An "ADD IMAGE" button would certainly make it a lot easier.
Steve

OFEC count = 258

gweidion

Even I could cope with an "Add image" button.

Tanecoins

Me too, its a no brainer. Many boards had a similar system like this and people were happy to store images on 3rd party sites like Photobucket, imgur and tinypic, but then around 2016 - 2017 they all got ad fuxated and Photobucket took down millions of images overnight and wanted to charge $400USD a year to host pictures and then backed down, but backed up again. We all fled to imgur (I was on Stampboards and as some of you may know, lots of stamp images we uploaded).

Then Imgur decided to go ads crazy and show memes, some of which were R18 and NSFW which made it hard for us and finally Stampboards gave in and allowed us to add images from our files. That was around 2021.
Collecting beautiful silver coins and loving Numismatics!