Nuphil Material

Started by eccentric, August 29, 2019, 09:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

eccentric

I don't post very often, and I hope the following does not contravene any forum rules.

Many years ago I corresponded regularly with Ray Dobson, one of the founding members of Nuphil.  This correspondence resulted in an article I wrote for CAB which outlined the origins of Nuphil and listed most, if not all, of their issues.  I have now discontinued collecting, but I still have some of the material that Ray provided as a basis for the article.  I would be happy to pass this on to a collector interested in this company and their issues.  The material comprises photocopies of many of the covers, descriptions of the issues and copies of some of the original Nuphil newsletters in a fairly mixed presentation.  I don't want any reimbursement for this documentation, but I would be grateful if the recipient could meet the postage costs.  These costs shouldn't be too great as the bulk of the material is in A4 format and could probably be posted as a large letter.

I am assuming that a PM would be the way to go, and I guess the first off the rank will get the lot.  Let me know if you are interested.

runway

eccentric I am interested thanks
Buy what gives you enjoyment

eccentric

Can't PM you as your quota is full.  Can you PM me with address details and I'll post everything off.  Don't worry about postage - I'll take care of that - happy to help another collector.

runway

Quote from: 'eccentric' pid='120175' dateline='1567133345'Can't PM you as your quota is full.  Can you PM me with address details and I'll post everything off.  Don't worry about postage - I'll take care of that - happy to help another collector.

Thanks mate will do
Buy what gives you enjoyment

Greg McDonald

I'd love a photocopy if that was possible. I'd like to add to a book I've been writing for years and years.  I bought all Dion Skinners numismatic correspondence - we were actually good mates despite being in competition.  Got lots of correspondence between Dion and many well known collectors and authors of the day relating to the discovery of the first mule 1916 halfpenny; the David Gee 1909 Florin; invoices and correspondence regarding the 1942I Penny and penny Indian restrikes and loads more.  A reader recently send me scans of a Nuphil Captain Issue of 1970.  Still lots we need to rediscover in this hobby!  That's what makes it fun.

runway

Quote from: 'Greg McDonald' pid='120363' dateline='1569413385'I'd love a photocopy if that was possible. I'd like to add to a book I've been writing for years and years.  I bought all Dion Skinners numismatic correspondence - we were actually good mates despite being in competition.  Got lots of correspondence between Dion and many well known collectors and authors of the day relating to the discovery of the first mule 1916 halfpenny; the David Gee 1909 Florin; invoices and correspondence regarding the 1942I Penny and penny Indian restrikes and loads more.  A reader recently send me scans of a Nuphil Captain Issue of 1970.  Still lots we need to rediscover in this hobby!  That's what makes it fun.
Greg I will send them to you
Buy what gives you enjoyment