New NZ Mule Identified

Started by NZCoinerrors, January 23, 2016, 05:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

purplepennyhunter

The 2004 New Zealand Mule story continues with PCGS now on board with this error. I sent them all the relevant documentation with our recent submission and they agreed. It now has it's own coin number, my coin graded MS67 and, for now, it's the only coin (accurately) graded. I'll be selling this coin once I decide on the best way to do so.
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

robbiegal

lovely - fantastic grade and your very own coin number
well done

goodness - don't sell it after all that hard work!

ausjack

A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

stevo1962

It\'s not about who you know it\'s about what you know

purplepennyhunter

Quote from: 'stevo1962' pid='94326' dateline='1470973878'A recent sale on ebay

    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/182235062773?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That was way too cheap, they have been selling for way more than that raw.
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

trout

So far there are only 3 of these graded by PCGS.
The one PP has that is correctly attributed that MS64 coin that just sold and another MS68 coin that hasn't got the Mule attribution.
I would think that there will be more of these getting graded now that PP has done the ground work to get these correctly attributed.
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

stevo1962

Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='94328' dateline='1470975948'
Quote from: 'stevo1962' pid='94326' dateline='1470973878'A recent sale on ebay

    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/182235062773?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That was way too cheap, they have been selling for way more than that raw.

I think the price has edged down though with the realisation that they aren't rare
It\'s not about who you know it\'s about what you know

Cockatoo Coins

Yeah, I bought 10 of these in December last year from a dealer in NZ as Double Rim errors. Sold them all off now, my facebook sale of $375ish was the top then has been slowly falling ever since until I just sold my last for $150ish on ebay the other day. That PCGS one was from my fabled mechanical error filled submission so was just glad they graded it as NZ but i think if they did grade it properly could have achieved more, the other I sent came back as an Australian 10c.
Bought a MS66 Canberra florin with the profits so think i did ok

trout

QuoteBought a MS66 Canberra florin with the profits so think i did ok

Nice to see that you didn't squander you money Mate :good:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

NZCoinerrors

Been a while since I have checked in here nice to see it attributed by PCGS nice work pph

will add a new NZ variety that has just been confirmed on a new post shortly