Orange Remembrance $2 2015

Started by purplepennyhunter, September 27, 2015, 04:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SULLA

This coin will be delivered to all states "Proportionally" between now and Christmas.

Mintage between 1.7 and 2M.

Keep in touch with your local banks!

This information is provided based on a conversation I had with a senior RAM person 5 minutes ago.

IMHO I would consider Westpac based on previous experience.

SULLA

Sydney Coins $100 per roll.
Prospect Coins $100
Wynyard Coins  $100
VP Coins $100

Downies $150 per roll (limit one roll per household).

Your local Bank $50 per bag!

Just do the leg work!

planchetflaw

Quote from: 'runway' pid='80982' dateline='1445600162'Whatever the venue,coin dealers will obtain all new RAM counterstruck coins or new releases including rolls

I don't think dealers will get the poppy counterstamped $2 from the flower festival weekend. Unless the dealer went and made a batch up in person. I could be wrong, though.

runway

dealers sent people to the event to secure them
Buy what gives you enjoyment

robbiegal

got my little RAM bag ó five today
looks a bit busy and the circle is quite small and not too bright
a nice lipstick pastel pale orange
the design would be more impressive on a larger coin like a 20c IMHO

trout

The chances of finding a nice one of these in regional WA are super slim, luckily for me a fellow member has kindly secured a roll for me to open up and hunt for a nice one :good:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Triggersmob

I received a carded coin today (meant to order a 5 pack, but stuffed up).
I promised the other four coins to other collectors, so I had to just order some more. Anyway, very impressed with the quality of this coin, hardly a mark on it.


Steve

OFEC count = 258

interest

Here's a thought.
So there are two kinds of this coin, one with the "C" & the other without it.
The ram are selling coins with the "C", the rolls no doubt will be without the "C"
Will the coins without the "C" be the harder to find after everyone gets their fill from the ram even though there will be more of these?

Fulvio

Quote from: 'interest' pid='81497' dateline='1447236339'Here's a thought.
So there are two kinds of this coin, one with the "C" & the other without it.

C's are NCLT, just like any other NCLT. Lots of people don't do NCLT nowadays (although I must admit to buying some just to amortise some of the postage costs), so you can't really compare demand to a circulating coin.

If you want to know what the likely demand will be long-term, look at the C Coronations for a comparison, not the circulating coins.
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

runway

Quote from: 'planchetflaw' pid='81164' dateline='1446070729'
Quote from: 'runway' pid='80982' dateline='1445600162'Whatever the venue,coin dealers will obtain all new RAM counterstruck coins or new releases including rolls

I don't think dealers will get the poppy counterstamped $2 from the flower festival weekend. Unless the dealer went and made a batch up in person. I could be wrong, though.
All dealers had their scouts to obtain them,no dealer allocation for these officially at the $10 price but unofficially dealers get people to line up and get thousands on commission basis :angel:

Quote from: 'SULLA' pid='81071' dateline='1445838786'Sydney Coins $100 per roll.
Prospect Coins $100
Wynyard Coins  $100
VP Coins $100

Downies $150 per roll (limit one roll per household).

Your local Bank $50 per bag!

Just do the leg work!
Official RAM rolls are guaranteed content plus coins are better in rolls than bags
Buy what gives you enjoyment

trout

I just received my roll of these from Cougar Thanks Mate , My first impression is I rather like this one.
The coloured circle is smaller than the other coins in this series and it looks like they are in better condition as well.
I will find out when I open this RAM roll :)
The central circle is red and the outer circle is orange on the end coin,
I imagine this is the same as all the other coins and is quite normal.

I just cracked the roll and this is the best coin.
No real hits but the lustre is a bit "Chattered" The rest of the coins are heavily bagmarked  and look like they have been dragged along a concrete floor YUK.
Ah well, such is the quality of the circulating coins coming from ram now :cray:

Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

humpybong

Had an email from a contact in Sydney who tells me he has found some orange coins in Sydney circulation today.

Looks like they are starting to be found.
Cheers
Barry
humpybong
Moderator

\"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again\"

Goldseeker

I know of two people who have received this one in change in the last couple of weeks here in Melbourne.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


kchan1111

I got one today!!! In Sydney, Top Ryde to be exact.


:wavemulticolor:

runway

There won't be many that escape into circulation because all bank tellers and most shop keepers already keep these aside
The 2015 Red $2 was supposably circulated but who has even found these in circulation?
Buy what gives you enjoyment