old books

Started by ausjack, June 01, 2015, 08:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ausjack

wish I could read :( do they have pic's auto :)
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Unicorn

Quote from: 'ausjack' pid='79264' dateline='1442122884'wish I could read :(

.... I'm afraid of worms Roxanne ......

JeffH

Plenty of reading there at only 14¢ per issue.
Now, every time someone here says they are looking for a particular article, you will be expected to come to the party.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

ausjack

Quote from: 'Unicorn' pid='79266' dateline='1442123153'
Quote from: 'ausjack' pid='79264' dateline='1442122884'wish I could read :(

.... I'm afraid of worms Roxanne ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXzFCS72QIA :angel:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Unicorn


ausjack

A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Unicorn

Oddly enough I just put the TV on and there's a Steve Martin movie on.

autocoupler

Quote from: 'ausjack' pid='79264' dateline='1442122884'wish I could read :( do they have pic's auto :)

I hope so AJ, they're my favorites :grin:

Quote from: 'JeffH' pid='79267' dateline='1442123263'Plenty of reading there at only 14¢ per issue.
Now, every time someone here says they are looking for a particular article, you will be expected to come to the party.

he he you did the maths as well, but I probably would have exaggerated and said 15 cents just to round it out :angel: Haven't had a proper look see yet but did notice a special RAM edition in one of the earlier issues, will post a pic later.

Had a look at sold items on ebay just to see what it might cost to collect every issue. A complete set from early sixties to late nineties sold back in July for $450, that's about 444 issues, way more than my 109 issues and not too dusty.
As we age we lose three things, one is our memory and arrrrr I\'ve forgotten the other two!

Mister T

Quote from: 'autocoupler' pid='79257' dateline='1442112246'109 in all, dated from 1968 to 1987. Not all months were there but a great pick up for $15

Nice pick-up!

autocoupler

Hope I'm note breaching copyright with this :angel:



Floor plan but could also be a side elevation of the great pyramid :dodgy:









Anyone heard of these
As we age we lose three things, one is our memory and arrrrr I\'ve forgotten the other two!

autocoupler

CAB gave permission to reproduce these so all is good, thanks John. Some interesting stuff in these old issues :good:



FLOOR PLAN OF RAM BACK THEN, BUT COULD ALSO BE A SIDE ELEVATION OF THE GREAT PYRAMID :dodgy:









ANYONE HEARD OF THESE
As we age we lose three things, one is our memory and arrrrr I\'ve forgotten the other two!

Unicorn

Excellent group of selections there Auto!

Gee it was great to get permission to reproduce :good: ...... you may have to start a scanned library and an article index. (Asking a bit much now eh ... :laugh2: )

robbiegal

Quote from: 'Nevol' pid='76347' dateline='1437858654'Probably not the one I'm thinking of, as Elizabeth is 2 blocks back from Adelaide and I never went to Elizabeth St back then.

oh?
was that more the west end part of the city back then????? hummm???

autocoupler

Quote from: 'Unicorn' pid='79344' dateline='1442210226'Excellent group of selections there Auto!

Gee it was great to get permission to reproduce :good: ...... you may have to start a scanned library and an article index. (Asking a bit much now eh ... :laugh2: )

:shock: no uni....no no no :laugh2:
As we age we lose three things, one is our memory and arrrrr I\'ve forgotten the other two!

Unicorn

But just think Auto, you could become the keeper of the ancient secret texts, just like in Name Of The Rose :give_rose: ..... how are you with Sean Connery impersonations? (Remember not to link your finger when turning the pages :laugh2: ).

Edit ..... that was meant to say lick your finger, but I guess we all knew that eh!