Cool double struck $1

Started by enworb, December 09, 2012, 04:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

enworb

This is pretty cool: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Error-One-Dollar-1-Australian-Coin-Double-Strike-Misstrike-Misstruck-Note-Rare-/261138879282?pt=AU_Coins2&hash=item3ccd171332

Its a little strange that the second strike is quite a but larger, almost zoomed in. Is it possible that it was misstruck first and then struck normally a second time?

JeffH

A wonderful error.
I think struck normally, not fully ejected and then mis-struck. But, what would I know -await the experts opinion.
Jeff
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

emu666

Quote from: 'enworb' pid='4508' dateline='1355034507'This is pretty cool: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Error-One-Dollar-1-Australian-Coin-Double-Strike-Misstrike-Misstruck-Note-Rare-/261138879282?pt=AU_Coins2&hash=item3ccd171332

Its a little strange that the second strike is quite a but larger, almost zoomed in. Is it possible that it was misstruck first and then struck normally a second time?


Actualy if you measure it, you will see that the second strike is the same size as the first.

enworb

Yeh it is. Must have been playing tricks with my eyes.

Russ e

maybe its a little more raised giving that appearance?
giving up this forum after secret santa, what with all my meds playing games with my head these messages i see between page loadings do not help one little bit when i am on a downer. no offense to anyone but seeing those words written every stuffin time does get to me.

Nevol

Definitely the real McCoy! :winkextra:  But sadly out of my price range. :cray:
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

markn

I'll be having a very strong bid on this coin.  My finances might be the worse for wear afterwards but as long as my kids don't go hungry it's all good :)
Founder: Australian Coin Forum
The Australian Coin Collecting Blog

Nevol

Quote from: 'markn' pid='4550' dateline='1355189467'I'll be having a very strong bid on this coin.  My finances might be the worse for wear afterwards but as long as my kids don't go hungry it's all good :)
Good Luck!  :grin:   I''ll be :drooling:
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

emu666

Quote from: 'Nevol' pid='4558' dateline='1355195089'
Quote from: 'markn' pid='4550' dateline='1355189467'I'll be having a very strong bid on this coin.  My finances might be the worse for wear afterwards but as long as my kids don't go hungry it's all good :)
Good Luck!  :grin:   I''ll be :drooling:


Don't restrain yourself.

Help fight childhood obesity.

On a cheaper note; I listed some error coins for Stuart, two of which are of comparable rarity to that double struck dollar:

http://cgi6.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=stuartandersen&include=0&since=-1&sort=2&rows=200&rdir=0

Goldseeker

If you want it Markn, then i'll refrain from bidding against you.........
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


Robster

Best of luck for your bidding.!
\"Everything in moderation, including moderation\".