Should I buy or leave?

Started by enworb, December 07, 2012, 09:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

enworb

Tomorrow I have an opportunity to buy about 10 2c coins which are all BU but have huge clips. I have seen them and they all seem to be end of sheet clips. They are late 70's early 80's dates and have about 35-50% of the coin missing. Asking price is $30. Is that too much?

Goldseeker

If you believe that the price being asked is fair, then the ball is in your court.   How often do you see such an assortment of errors at the one time.

If it was me, I would go for it.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


enworb

The problem is I dont really know where the market is on them.

Russ e

i would jump on them myself, i reckon ebay would bring at least $7 a coin
giving up this forum after secret santa, what with all my meds playing games with my head these messages i see between page loadings do not help one little bit when i am on a downer. no offense to anyone but seeing those words written every stuffin time does get to me.

enworb

Sorry I need to clarify its $30 each coin. They are in greate shpe and large clips. I would have thought they worth around that but im note sure.

Russ e

mmm bit pricey at that as an investment wouldnt be much room to resell for profit for a long time, but to have a collection of 10 clips would be extremely tempting.
giving up this forum after secret santa, what with all my meds playing games with my head these messages i see between page loadings do not help one little bit when i am on a downer. no offense to anyone but seeing those words written every stuffin time does get to me.

Australian coin

I don’t think you would ever get $30 ea as re-sale.

Nevol

Far be it from me to advise anyone on how to spend their hard earned money, but.....I doubt that a clipped 2c coin is worth $30, unless the clip is pretty spectacular. JMHO :blink:

How do they compare with Markn's $2 clip that PPH posted recently on CCF?
http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=135193

If they are that good, you might be on a winner.  :grin:
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

enworb

Im doing this from memory because its been about 3 weeks since i first saw them but they are the same size or larger as i remember. I am going to the shop today and am going to get one or two. I'll posts some pics.

Nevol

Quote from: 'enworb' pid='4447' dateline='1354928307'Im doing this from memory because its been about 3 weeks since i first saw them but they are the same size or larger as i remember. I am going to the shop today and am going to get one or two. I'll posts some pics.
Looking forward to seeing them. :winkextra:
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

Goldseeker

OK, I shall retract my previous reply.   If the lot was up for sale at $30, then go for it.   At $30 each, pass.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


trout

What a weird bunch we are.:yahoo:
We all obsess about defective coins but not one of us would by a brand new car with a door missing :dash1::dance2::laugh2:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Russ e

we would if it sold at the price of a push bike ;)
giving up this forum after secret santa, what with all my meds playing games with my head these messages i see between page loadings do not help one little bit when i am on a downer. no offense to anyone but seeing those words written every stuffin time does get to me.

Graham

Quote from: 'trout' pid='4484' dateline='1354968815'What a weird bunch we are.:yahoo:
We all obsess about defective coins but not one of us would by a brand new car with a door missing :dash1::dance2::laugh2:
You mean that my new car was supposed to have a rear passenger door? Damn!