2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot

Started by Nevol, December 05, 2012, 12:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nevol

:yahoo:
Congratulations!
Your entry into the Royal Australian Mint’s 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo at Sunset Ballot was selected in the draw held on Friday 30Th November 2012 at 4pm. Once we conduct the final eligibility check we will be processing your order and dispatching the coins as quickly as possible. This will take place over the next two weeks.
:wavemulticolor:
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)


purplepennyhunter

Mark and I both got that email, now I'm not so sure it should be congratulations as now we have to pay for 2. It's an expensive time of year.
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

Fr45h3R

One on eBay right now for $1660.
What was issue price on these?

purplepennyhunter

Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

Goldseeker

As nobody from the forum took up my offer to buy the coin if I was successful, I didn't bother to submit my ballot.

Congratulations to those that did and were successful.

All one has to do now is to find the money to pay for the darn thing(s).
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


humpybong

I also got the email.

Looking forward to receiving the coin.

:yahoo:
Cheers
Barry
humpybong
Moderator

\"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again\"

Russ e

shame they dont let you pay them off, would be my only chance to go in the ballot.
giving up this forum after secret santa, what with all my meds playing games with my head these messages i see between page loadings do not help one little bit when i am on a downer. no offense to anyone but seeing those words written every stuffin time does get to me.

Nevol

Quote from: 'Russ e' pid='4376' dateline='1354750198'shame they dont let you pay them off, would be my only chance to go in the ballot.
:idea: You know what, I think there is a way to pay it off if you win one in the ballot. I no longer have my entry form, but I think there is something like lay-by.  Anyone got a form to check this out?
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

Australian coin


chookcity

Here for a good time, Not a long time.

Nevol

Ah, so they can't be paid off.  I've obviously been dreaming.  :angel: Thanks AC. :winkextra:
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

markn

It's interesting to look at the secondary marked for the Roo at Sunset coin for each year.   Compare what the 2007 issue gets against the 2012 or even the 2011 coins. I suspect there will be little or no resale benefit on the 2013 coin, especially given the rather outrageous issue price increase in the last 2 years.  This might be the last hurrah for this coin before it turns it into yet another "meh" issue on the part of the RAM.  Shame, because it's a pretty design.
Founder: Australian Coin Forum
The Australian Coin Collecting Blog

Nevol

I just received this from the RAM:
Thank you for ordering from the Royal Australian Mint.
Please find attached your tax invoice which we recommend you retain for your records.

Phew! So no dramas with my 2013 $25 Gold Kangaroo order.  :yahoo: :angel:
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

markn

Just as a matter of interest did anyone put in a ballot application who DIDN'T get a coin?  Everyone I know got one.
Founder: Australian Coin Forum
The Australian Coin Collecting Blog