Melbourne ANDA Show 2014

Started by Goldseeker, June 23, 2014, 12:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fulvio

Quote from: 'Nevol' pid='56483' dateline='1407533357'I really hope Goldie get his mule back, but I have to say that a Coin Fair would be the last place I would take anything valuable to.  I think there would be more than one professional pick-pocket in attendance.

I hope you're wrong... Just printed off two copies of the pic from the gallery... http://www.australian-coins.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=3970&fullsize=1 and will spread the word there, just in case.

http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

Unicorn

Good work McDuck, you're a true champ.

proof27

Wow, just got back from show, never been in a room with so many coins and notes, amazing collections. Very disciplined though, only bought $1 Melbourne counterstamp and 2001 Royal Australian Airforce $1.

Australian coin


Fulvio

Quote from: 'proof27' pid='56549' dateline='1407558144'Wow, just got back from show, never been in a room with so many coins and notes, amazing collections. Very disciplined though, only bought $1 Melbourne counterstamp and 2001 Royal Australian Airforce $1.

Heh, I managed to spend all day there and not spend a cracker. I was going to buy an M after they guaranteed they're portable press coins, but suddenly the show was over and we were packing up. Too bad, how sad, eh? ;)

So, you didn't come over and say hi, did you? ***Sob*** :cray:

As for the coin, nobody in the room saw it yesterday, but they all know to keep an eye out now at least. :(
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

keldaw

Quote from: 'Australian coin' pid='56451' dateline='1407493858'took some pics, might do a write up stuff tomorrow


 ok , who are you all I know A C AND GOLDIE  but you other guys , I have no idea , please introduce yourself    ,, kel ,,
take care because we care ..

Fr45h3R

Quote from: 'keldaw' pid='56563' dateline='1407571711'
Quote from: 'Australian coin' pid='56451' dateline='1407493858'took some pics, might do a write up stuff tomorrow


 ok , who are you all I know A C AND GOLDIE  but you other guys , I have no idea , please introduce yourself    ,, kel ,,

From left to right
Emu666, Australian Coin, Goldie, wwwww and myself.

Australian coin

haha people don't have to tell who they are, people can be anonymous, I ended up meeting people who don't want to identify themselves but showed me rare and unusual coins at the show, I was the only person allowed to photo them and they were just brought along especially



introducing a 1977 jubilee with a coat of arms on the other side, the story was it was purchased as a unique item, but a few months later another one turned up for auction then the police confiscated it. so this is the only one in private hands



don't know much about this, there was a selection of coins I could take pictures of but I didn't want to upset the person and take up all the time, so I just pictured things of interest, there was also something like a 2c struck on a 1c planchet and many others that you could see normally elsewhere, like miss strikes and stuff



haha the estimate is not the real price payed

I should note that all pictured I scaled down the original size is wallpaper if PP wants to use them on the blog

proof27

From left to right
Emu666, Australian Coin, Goldie, wwwww and myself.
[/quote]

I was standing right next to the guys on the right today, didn't even realise, so which one was Walter? And Fulvio, I was going to say g'day but I herd and seen you were on a mission with the stolen mule.

keldaw

thanks rob , thank you for the introduction ,

 hi guys ..

  sorry KIM , but it,s nice to know who we are talking to .

 and the part of this story that was sad was about Bruce  losing his

 slabbed mule dollar but it excited me when they said

     [ the mule that Bruce lost ] was AU 55 and worth $ 3000.00

because the 2 that I just got back from  , U S , were about the same

grading at    A U 50  and  A U 55  so I am very happy about that ..

   ,, kel ,,


the numbers of mine are ,

 29866314          A U 50

 29866315          A U 55

  if you want to see them ..     ,, kel ,,
take care because we care ..

Goldseeker

Slightly misleading.   My visit to the ANDA Show was that I had spent $2250.00 on coins plus the loss of the MULE at a conservative value of $500.00.

For Fulvio:   Thanks for finding the scan of the lost MULE.   I still can't find it on my computer at home.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


Fr45h3R

Quote from: 'proof27' pid='56566' dateline='1407573514'From left to right
Emu666, Australian Coin, Goldie, wwwww and myself.

I was standing right next to the guys on the right today, didn't even realise, so which one was Walter? And Fulvio, I was going to say g'day but I herd and seen you were on a mission with the stolen mule.
[/quote]

Walter wasn't there, so you probably saw me with Eric (drake sterling)
A long couple of days for me.  just touched down at home in sydney

Australian coin



1981 scalloped variety, struck on a Hong Kong $2 planchet

now while I was able to take pictures of cool coins, one business was rude to me > I asked a lady if I could take a pic of a interesting coin at IAG and a fat man next to me said loudly NO, I was like ok, just so you know I am "Australian coin" from the "Australian coin forum!" and cranky spanked and was like no free advertising for you. haha all the other coin sellers knew who I was and were really nice, some said I remember you from last year and talked about how things have been and they even took coins out and adjusted lighting and said is that ok, cos they know that I will show there coin pics. and all the other coin sellers were really nice and fun to talk to.
I got business cards when I took the pics so will have to match up the sellers to the coins

highlights from sellers


oh and while I remember I was told that the RAM only took 2000 pre stamped $1 coins to the show



trout

Was that Peters Scalloped 20 cent coin in the images Kim?
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Australian coin



yes, its pretty and we put it next to a normal 20c

I know you like Canberra florins so I seen these pretty's


Unc step