$1 Mule rarity/scarcity questions

Started by trout, April 04, 2014, 08:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

runway

Quote from: 'naomi_j86' pid='46330' dateline='1397268007'If you're interested in another story...

I have worked 3 hours on a Saturday and 3 hours on a Sunday in a small paper shop, in not an overly busy area in NSW.
I would guess an average of 200 $1 coins would go through the shop on each of those days.
I started looking in 2005.
I found 2 mules in 2 years (2005, 2007). But have since not found one for 7 years.

The mule is my very favourite coin and there is no way I would ever consider selling them.

This year I finally decided to see what all the fuss was about the Millenium 50c. I found 2 of those in subsequent weekends. And have not actively tried to find any more since.
~N.

Nice story good to hear :yahoo:
Buy what gives you enjoyment

ErikP

[attachment=2802]Yes I noodled one.... yes? thanks ErikP
\"Blood!...Blood!... That\'s a good thing! A ghost who bleeds is less dangerous!

stevo1962

Quote from: 'ErikP' pid='49869' dateline='1400760754'Yes I noodled one.... yes? thanks ErikP

Yes that's definitely a mule , well done Erik
It\'s not about who you know it\'s about what you know

Goldseeker

Congratulations and well done.   Is that your first one EricP?
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


ausjack

Well done Eric, I'm still lookin :winkextra:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

ErikP

Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='49871' dateline='1400761617'Congratulations and well done.   Is that your first one EricP?

yes for sure 15,000 coins rotated $1 between my son & I
\"Blood!...Blood!... That\'s a good thing! A ghost who bleeds is less dangerous!

Goldseeker

Your one lucky person.  

I searched 140,968 coins to find my first Mule.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


ErikP

Well hopefully then just another 15,000 to the next one! ErikP
\"Blood!...Blood!... That\'s a good thing! A ghost who bleeds is less dangerous!

Fulvio

Linda's future son-in-law found this today:



I'll see about dropping by in a couple weeks and having a good look at it. He'll probably want to sell it.
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

serial


PNC king

it has definitely seen some circulation in the last 15 years

robbiegal


runway

I don't place any value or trust in a few members comments here
Buy what gives you enjoyment

Fulvio

Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='79235' dateline='1442051495'is it the $1 ?

Of course.
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

runway

Quote from: 'Fulvio' pid='79223' dateline='1442045489'Linda's future son-in-law found this today:



I'll see about dropping by in a couple weeks and having a good look at it. He'll probably want to sell it.
Looks like a $2 coin to me :dodgy:
Buy what gives you enjoyment