2012 Remembrance Day $2 Coin

Started by Nevol, October 26, 2012, 06:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fordprefect

Quote from: 'Australian coin' pid='3255' dateline='1353035077'Aww I don’t wan to know if that’s what my coins are going to turn out like.
Did you acetone the glue off?
I wish you luck and good fortune.:scratch_one-s_head:

Postie arrived rip it open, quick photo and this:-
I believe we may have an opportunity here,
Who will get the worst, Not the best :stinker:
Rob the Elder

trout

I sent this email to the mint, I am that upset with the crap they are selling lately:dodgy:

I have purchased the 2012 mint set, the 2 14 sided 50 cent coins 2012 and 2013 also both of the coloured $2 coins for 2012.
The quality of these coins is quite frankly appalling.
What is the problem this year?
The RAM and the Perth mint have a World renowned reputation of producing coins of the highest quality for collectors. As of late the quality is absolutely shocking.
If this problem is not addressed you will loose many collectors as customers.

I am greatly saddened by the state of the NCLT offerings as of late as I have been more than happy with the quality of ALL previous coins.
Kind regards
Jim
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

enworb

Good email. The more people tell them hopefully the more they will realise. My coins arrived from Qld today and the one i have taken off was in ok nick but certainly not completely free of contact marks. The glue came off real easy with acetone.

accumulator

WT.... is that Ford ?  i don't think i'll bother chasing these up now,if thats what i'll get,what crap !

Fordprefect

Quote from: 'accumulator' pid='3266' dateline='1353042977'WT.... is that Ford ?  i don't think i'll bother chasing these up now,if thats what i'll get,what crap !
Looks like they ran them thru the pockies first.
This is the best of the three I received.
The "Poppy" reverse is o'k on all three.:icon_e_surprised:    :icon_e_smile:

Rob the Elder

AaronG

Great email trout, what you said is 100% correct

trout

Quote from: 'AaronG' pid='3272' dateline='1353048083'Great email trout, what you said is 100% correct

Thanks Mate but One shout in the in the wilderness wont do much good.
We need more like emails so that they can hear us ROAR :good:
Get typing you mob:yahoo:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

purplepennyhunter

If you inspect the coin when you get it and you really aren't happy you can contact them and they'll give you a reply paid address (no cost to you) to return it and get a replacement. With your receipt from them of course.

I have done this however and wasn't entirely pleased with the replacement either.
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

Australian coin

My local RSL came thru TOP people, turns out the guy there is a coin collector too!, he said that the coins he ordered came in a mint rolls, (he was allowed 2 rolls) he also bought cotton gloves and put them in zip bags for us. All the coins were sold out and only people who had pre orders got them..
This is the best chance of getting a good coin, although I haven’t put them under the USB to find out about marks. Although its a relief with no glue, they look ok to me.
Also received the coins from online order of RSL coin. (Doubled up oh well)
I will probably be swapping or selling the sticky ones asap I don’t intend to pull them of the cards now.

The guy said it is funny that he couldn’t get $2 for a poppy but gets $10 for a $2 coin.

Heres are pics, some had obvious marks other seem ok.
They have been put in 2x2’s YAY nice and safe now
Dad said that’s the fastest his ever put coins in 2x2’s
[attachment=434]
[attachment=435]
[attachment=436]
[attachment=437]
[attachment=438]

sirfry

Holy crap. sorry bout the crappy posted ones. Picked this circulated one up at work today. Was very surprised. Seems pretty good right?




Couple of bumps around the circumference but the man queen still seems pretty intact right?

Russ e

after all the chasing and phone calls and promises of coming tomorrow, i have given up hope and will wait until i find one on the footpath, i seriously think it would be quicker
giving up this forum after secret santa, what with all my meds playing games with my head these messages i see between page loadings do not help one little bit when i am on a downer. no offense to anyone but seeing those words written every stuffin time does get to me.

trout

NOW this is a great pad printed poppy remembrance day coin.
I got this in the mail today.
In my opinion the best designed $5 cupronickel coin minted so far :good:
[attachment=516][attachment=517]
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

JeffH

Got mine today. One only slightly marked and all the others badly marked! At least they weren't stuck down but in a tiny ziplock bag.
Now I get it. "Australia's first circulating, pad printed coin". On the back of the card it says "Finish Circulating".

That means they don't have to worry about care with handling or condition. Maybe these are rejects before the C mark is stamped. Or maybe keen RSL volunteers were given the job of putting them on the cards without any information on how collectors like nice coins ("Whoops, accidentally picked up two. Never mind, just throw the second back in the bucket on top of the others.").

Rather disappointed with the whole thing. I await circulated ones to turn up here. I think a chance of getting something better then?

Jeff
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Goldseeker

Can somebody on this forum please tell me where one secure bags of coins straight from the mint.

I have tried all my banks about my residential area and they only receive coins from the general public.

Your assistance would be appreciated as I would dearly love to secure a couple of sealed bags of the new poppy $2 coin.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


Mister T

I don't think the mint bags them so you'd need to get them from Armaguard or Chubb. I don't know how well you'd go though as they probably only service banks and maybe other big companies.