Doctor Who

Started by rggoodie, June 14, 2013, 02:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

rggoodie

Any thoughts on the Doctor Who coin being produced by the Perth Mint?
\"catch em doing something right\"

triplewitch

The packaging may be more interesting than the coin.  It comes in a Tardis with sound effects.  There are 11 other coins besides the Tardis coin featuring the 11 Doctors to date.  All issued in the name of Niue Island.-John
-John

rggoodie

Thanks mate
any info on the other coins - perhaps a link?
\"catch em doing something right\"

triplewitch

Here's a link with a picture of the Tardis coin.  I can't find any pictures for the individual Doctor coins.  It says the coin can be preordered, but I can't find that on the website mentioned either. - John
http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/01/silver-coins-240113195619.html
-John

Fulvio

Quote from: 'triplewitch' pid='18067' dateline='1371150046'It comes in a Tardis with sound effects.  There are 11 other coins besides the Tardis coin featuring the 11 Doctors to date.  All issued in the name of Niue Island.

*sigh*

I love the show, but more "collectible" junk depresses me. :(
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

r9453

Quote from: 'Fulvio' pid='18071' dateline='1371158178'
Quote from: 'triplewitch' pid='18067' dateline='1371150046'It comes in a Tardis with sound effects.  There are 11 other coins besides the Tardis coin featuring the 11 Doctors to date.  All issued in the name of Niue Island.

*sigh*

I love the show, but more "collectible" junk depresses me. :(

Two Bob coin collector.

triplewitch

I'm not buying any of it either.  Dr Who has no connection to Niue Island.  It's a blatant grab for money.-John

Downies Facebook says the coin will be available for pre-order online on the 17th (Monday) and offers email sign up for information about the other coins (as well as all their other products).-John
-John

Fulvio

Quote from: 'triplewitch' pid='18129' dateline='1371182714'...has no connection to Niue Island.  It's a blatant grab for money.

And when have they ever issued anything that wasn't in that category? Or any of the other Mickey-Mouse places PM make junk for?
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

triplewitch

Some were attractive before the price of silver went through the roof.-John
-John

Fulvio

Quote from: 'triplewitch' pid='18190' dateline='1371205053'Some were attractive before the price of silver went through the roof.

Hmmmm... that's got me thinking now... I got suckered by that 10oz Midway (or was it Coral Sea?) coin years ago. Worked out to about $35/oz so I'm still in the red of course, but maybe one day...
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW


Fulvio

Hmmmmm.. I'm certain I have better uses for the grand or so the full set will end up costing. Besides, I have no idea where Nuie even is, and less desire to own any of their souvenir play-money. ;)
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

triplewitch

It doesn't sound like they would be selling the 11 Doctor coins individually, does it?-John
-John

kanjoe07

Supposedly Perth Mint is going to sell the TARDIS coin for only $115, which is considerably cheaper than what the NZ Mint is selling them at NZ$155 ($131).

http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalogue/doctor-who-50th-anniversary-2013-1oz-silver-proof-coin.aspx
\"It\'s like you want us to make fun of you\" - Barney Stinson on Canadian money

triplewitch

The Perth Mint price is $104.54 (AUS) before shipping charges.  Downies is charging $115 (US) and $10 shipping.  For buyers here in the US, Downies is the best option.-John
-John