Clashed 1956 3d

Started by markn, September 29, 2012, 11:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

markn

PPH and I found this on the weekend.  Nice grade and awesome clash!

Founder: Australian Coin Forum
The Australian Coin Collecting Blog

Nevol

That is awesome.  It's just reminded me I've got one with the wheat marks on HM's neck.  I'll have to find it.

Yours is in great condition. :wavemulticolor:
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

Nevol

These images are of my 1960 3d, Die Clash both sides, D.Ck on 1st E of Elizabeth, plus a lam on rev. Unfortunately, I think it might have spent some time in a Xmas Pudding.

3d 1960 Rev D.Ck Rim - 1st E   


3d 1960 Rev Lam   


3d 1960 Obv D.Cl   


3d 1960 Rev     
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

planchetflaw

I love strong die clashes. Very nice examples. Thanks for sharing them.

EDIT: I have some penny and half penny ones. But nothing strong. The strongest die clashes I have are on Indian coins. But it seems every second Indian coin has die clash characteristics.

Australian coin