1916 mule halfpenny

Started by Mister T, October 21, 2023, 08:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mister T

I saw that IAG auction 98 had a 1916 mule halfpenny listed and it seems to have sold for $35,500 (not including buyer's premium).

I haven't really tracked the prices of these but it seems like it sold fairly cheaply compared to the past.

autocoupler

Yes, only guessing, but I'm sure sales a few years ago were higher.
As we age we lose three things, one is our memory and arrrrr I\'ve forgotten the other two!

echidna

Yes that one sold cheap.
PCGS or NGC grading would have made a difference.

Mister T

Quote from: 'echidna' pid='128639' dateline='1697865309'PCGS or NGC grading would have made a difference.

Yeah okay.

I remember a dealer telling me years ago that he reckoned on of them was of dubious authenticity. Not saying it was this one but I assumed they were all reasonably accounted for.