US Morgans

Started by gweidion, May 12, 2023, 07:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Triggersmob

I'm 67, and not sure I would want to go back to being 50. Certainly the body was much healthier then. I was training in karate most days, and had just received my black belt, but having to face another 17 years of work again, no way. I'll just fade away into retirement.
Steve

OFEC count = 258

Tanecoins

This is why I love numismatics, it keeps you YOUNG and you can feel YOUNG. In any other space I am an old 50 old. In a coin club or stamp club, I could be wearing nappies and they drink tea while they give me chocolate milk and fairy bread!
Collecting beautiful silver coins and loving Numismatics!

gweidion

Okay. I was digging through the safe for something else and dragged these out.

Box
https://ibb.co/p66ym0WG
Inside box
https://ibb.co/Z1YPxGVD
Certificate
https://ibb.co/ynJmP28b
1882 CC Cased
https://ibb.co/0RdsGHg4
Liberty
https://ibb.co/tMzpVdZZ
Eagle
https://ibb.co/6Rzyht1b

1883 CC Cased
https://ibb.co/nMR38PKs
Liberty
https://ibb.co/0SG5v2h
Eagle
https://ibb.co/jPmfWMRX

Damn, what a process. Got to be an easier way.
I haven't put up the other box, inside and certificate as they are mostly identical except for numbering.

Tanecoins

I am lost for words, those are completely stunning - the lustre and the detail.

Real treasures worth a thousand or so at least each. MS64 is a very high grade for coins hidden in a vault.
Collecting beautiful silver coins and loving Numismatics!

gweidion

Some 66s and 67s were unearth from the vaults. Maybe even higher. Mostly they were other mint marks though. They literally had hundreds of thousands of coins in storage.
These two cost me between 2 and 3 hundred each, quite a few years ago. I was pretty happy to pay that.


Triggersmob

Stunning coins Gweidion. Pra666 I can't view your coins, I just get "gateway time out". I might have to try later.
Steve

OFEC count = 258

Triggersmob

OK, I rebooted my computer, and now it works. That's an awesome collection Pra666, and I love the presentation.
Steve

OFEC count = 258

fred lever

View opens up ok for me 10.19am.
Fred

Tanecoins

Wow, all of that stuff was like MS64 to MS67 - Just crazy, those coins are worth thousands each. Yet I notice many of the common dates are missing.
Collecting beautiful silver coins and loving Numismatics!

gweidion

Quote from: 'pra666' pid='130992' dateline='1782508910'This is my set (so far)
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/u-s-coins/dollars/morgan-dollars-major-varieties-circulation-strikes-1878-1921/album/88714
I doubt I will ever complete it.

Just took the time to go through your lovely collection. You certainly have some superb Morgans, especially the early years. 
I would definitely love some of those. 
And I have also given up trying to complete my collection. Unless I win a significant lotto amount. 
Just for interest sake, who assigned the grades?

pra666

Hi gweidion, They were graded by PCGS. While I did buy a few raw and sent them there for grading, most I bought already graded from places such as David Lawrence Rare Coins and Heritage and few others. I went on a spending spree when the Australian dollar was at its peak - even higher than the US dollar.

gweidion

Quote from: 'pra666' pid='131015' dateline='1782869237'Hi gweidion, They were graded by PCGS. While I did buy a few raw and sent them there for grading, most I bought already graded from places such as David Lawrence Rare Coins and Heritage and few others. I went on a spending spree when the Australian dollar was at its peak - even higher than the US dollar.

I remember the good old days when we were getting $1.10 US to the Aussie dollar. I also bought most of my Morgans then, although hardly any are as nice as yours.

Tanecoins

I beg to differ, the CC's are stunners. After seeing all this Morgan goodness, I know I have a long way to go with my basic batch of Morgies.
Collecting beautiful silver coins and loving Numismatics!