1932 Penny, left tilted 3 and upright 3

Started by autocoupler, June 21, 2018, 03:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

autocoupler

Have been meaning to do an ebay search to get a feel for the population of upright 3 versus left tilted 3. A good day to be indoors so got to it, and not really surprised with the ratios as most people would have probably said 50/50, but did have a wry grin at the numbers. There were 178 discernible images, from which I detected 89 left tilting 3's and 89 upright 3's. well I'll be a monkeys uncle  :scratch_one-s_head: Anyhow, I snavelled some AFS Coins images for anyone who may not be aware of this variety. Note the differing intersecting lines for each.


As we age we lose three things, one is our memory and arrrrr I\'ve forgotten the other two!

echidna

Nice post.
These are collectable varieties in my opinion.
I wish Aussie collectors would start recognizing them.

Nevol

Thanks to our members who are always offering to share their knowledge.  :thank_you:

I'm sure any coin related education is appreciated by all other members who either don't know that info, or if they did know it at some time, have now forgotten it.  :grin:
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

Robster

Great thread - great photos - great reference!
\"Everything in moderation, including moderation\".

Unicorn

:i_agree: Great info and pics Auto.

What ..... 1932 ...... I thought 1922 was your favourite!!!

ausproofs

Thanks Folks... new info is always good.
Collecting coins is not about having the best, but loving what you have ...

autocoupler

Quote from: 'Unicorn' pid='115846' dateline='1529633783':i_agree: Great info and pics Auto.

What ..... 1932 ...... I thought 1922 was your favourite!!!

Haha....so true uni, but the 32 makes me feel younger  :yahoo:
As we age we lose three things, one is our memory and arrrrr I\'ve forgotten the other two!

fred lever

David Briggs gives the percentage of 1932 as about 60% 3 upright and 40% 3 tilted.
I did a bit of work on the next date the 1933 where the "overdate" caught my attention, see CAB May 2014.
I don't know much about the 1932 so the Briggs book is the best reference.
Cheers, Fred.