Petrichor

Started by JeffH, April 29, 2017, 07:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JeffH

Just had to share this wonderful word I just came across...Petrichor.

The smell of rain: how CSIRO invented a new word

I started out to check the meaning of persiflage that I came across in a book I am reading and then got sidetracked.
I think there is a lot of persiflage on this forum.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Triggersmob

Thanks for that Jeff.
Who said you can't get blood out of a stone?
Steve

OFEC count = 258

autocoupler

Quote from: 'JeffH' pid='108106' dateline='1493415989'Just had to share this wonderful word I just came across...Petrichor.

The smell of rain: how CSIRO invented a new word

I reckon it's one of the more pleasant smells of nature. Back in the eighties when our kids were little, they would often refer to the smell of wet lettuce before rain.
As we age we lose three things, one is our memory and arrrrr I\'ve forgotten the other two!