I'm baaaack!

Started by Fulvio, April 21, 2017, 11:16:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fulvio

Back's broken, foot's bleeding and can't walk on it, car looks like it has half of NSW's topsoil in it, tent got divebombed with flying rodent crap while I was packing up, and I've been screwed yet again by someone I trusted...

But I do have some fond new memories, and awesome pictures to show for it. So all in all, it was a good month.

Thanks to those who helped keep my faucet bonuses intact while I was disconnected from the digital world. I really expected to find them reset to zero at some point in my absence, and was pleasantly surprised. Yay!

Now, what did I miss? Do I have to go read 9 bazillion posts, or can I just ignore them all like last time and pick up the threads later? :)
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

JeffH

Welcome back.
And we insist you read every post since you went to be sure you catch up!
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

trout

Welcome back Mate :)
Make sure you get all that Bat poo off your gear, It's pretty corrosive stuff.

QuoteDo I have to go read 9 bazillion posts, or can I just ignore them

I do it every time I come back for a trip, It's not that hard :angel:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

robbiegal

Quote from: 'trout' pid='107885' dateline='1492741460'Welcome back Mate :)
Make sure you get all that Bat poo off your gear, It's pretty corrosive stuff.

yikes!!
were you camping off the grid

 sorry to hear that you and a friend have say ... fallen out
camping trips can do that to people
being friends and living closely for a month or so can be quite an effort

Fulvio

Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='107891' dateline='1492752236'were you camping off the grid

Yup. Although I was also helping build the grid. The day I left we had working data and VoIP services across the site. Better late than never, eh? ;)
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

trout

This is sort off the grid running lights and fridge off 12v, Fishing in style last night.
A ten min setup Dead easy And comfortable, Also NO Bat poo  :dance2::)


Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

ausproofs

Quote from: 'trout' pid='107917' dateline='1492827354'This is sort off the grid running lights and fridge off 12v, Fishing in style last night.
A ten min setup Dead easy And comfortable, Also NO Bat poo  :dance2::)




Nice, lucky no crocs up there :dodgy:
Collecting coins is not about having the best, but loving what you have ...

trout

HeHe.
Definitely NOT the sort of place I would set up camp in the Kimberlies or anywhere else up north of here.
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

ausproofs

Good call mate. One of my mates went on a 5 month road trip last year. Apparently one night he set up camp near a water way (some creek not sure the name )  in FNQ.. Whilst he was fishing for dinner, one of those 4m things (aka a Crocodile) chased him.. he said he had to change his clothes ... they were bit soiled     (just imagine) ...:angel:
Collecting coins is not about having the best, but loving what you have ...

Basil

Quote from: 'ausproofs' pid='107932' dateline='1492855312'Good call mate. One of my mates went on a 5 month road trip last year. Apparently one night he set up camp near a water way (some creek not sure the name )  in FNQ.. Whilst he was fishing for dinner, one of those 4m things (aka a Crocodile) chased him.. he said he had to change his clothes ... they were bit soiled     (just imagine) ...:angel:

Yeah,you have to keep your guard up,looks like a baby Freshie has survived for a couple of weeks on the banks of the Georges river in Sydney,very sluggish when caught thou.
I saw a programme on late night TV a few weeks back,a guy and his kids were swimming in a fresh water pool under a Waterfall in NQ and their was a Saltie in it that grabbed his daughter,she ended up OK IIRC.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-17/missing-croc-found-in-sydneys-south-on-easter-sunday-stroll/8447396
Definition of Wisdom in a Man.\"...the moment in a persons journey through life life when he realises 99.9% of the people he meets & greets don\'t care about himself or his opinions\".