got anouther bucket list coin

Started by serial, May 22, 2015, 04:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nevol

Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='72878' dateline='1432298343'I think the old royal women's hospital has now been torn down though :(
I don't know if the old Women's Hospital was torn down, but anyone who has not been to that complex recently would not recognise any of it now.  

I had my babies at the Women's Hospital back in the 60-70's and was visiting my brother there last month, and it's all been either pulled down & rebuilt or renovated to the point where there's nothing I recognise at all.  I hadn't been there since about 1993.

Even the name has changed to The Royal Brisbane & Women's Hospital (RBWH).

Oops, off topic. Just smacked myself on the hand.
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

robbiegal

yeah - apparently it is pretty snazzy there now Nevol
http://www.health.qld.gov.au/rbwh/

Queensland health does some good work to be proud of

the last time I was there was late 90's to see my mother off for that final farewell, and I have never been back since  

times before that were happy ones when we siblings welcomed the latest of her babies - I remember catching trams into town to get there

off topic too ... :whistle2:  noting new for me though!! ha ha

serial


trout

WOW :drooling:
fantastic additions :good::yahoo:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Robster

Fairly special additions!  :wavemulticolor:
\"Everything in moderation, including moderation\".

gnome


duggee27


stevo1962

Quote from: 'duggee27' pid='101853' dateline='1480021438'well done :swoon:

what's next ?

A 1930 penny
It\'s not about who you know it\'s about what you know

kchan1111


duggee27

Quote from: 'stevo1962' pid='101856' dateline='1480024982'
Quote from: 'duggee27' pid='101853' dateline='1480021438'well done :swoon:

what's next ?

A 1930 penny

seems to be enough for sale to tempt you as 4 out of 5 just sold at this weeks noble auction !
cheers

stevo1962

Quote from: 'duggee27' pid='101858' dateline='1480027435'
Quote from: 'stevo1962' pid='101856' dateline='1480024982'
Quote from: 'duggee27' pid='101853' dateline='1480021438'well done :swoon:

what's next ?

A 1930 penny

seems to be enough for sale to tempt you as 4 out of 5 just sold at this weeks noble auction !
cheers

Will probably go down to their March auction
It\'s not about who you know it\'s about what you know

serial

Thanks, I need a breather between major coins but I think next box I tick will be a dump. A holey dollar and 30 penny are on the list but ownership of them would be dependent on winning lotto

Unicorn

Very nice coins Serial. A lovely clear overdate! :good: