Possum Magic Poll

Started by Triggersmob, August 30, 2017, 09:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hercules

Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='111240' dateline='1504191452'Lets get a fishing series
They'd probably do a father's day edition and sell them through woolies BWS

That will never happen. The T&Cs clearly state that these coins cannot be distributed with liquor.

Quote from: 'seedyrom' pid='111242' dateline='1504205248'Its sad that my kids know the routine is to go in as individuals, find something for $1, then go and plead with the cashier for "any of the new $2 coins" when they are giving the change.

That's my trick! I perfected it during the second week of the Olympic promotion and never looked back. (I didn't need it during the first week because they handed them out like confetti, so I got heaps and heaps of them on the first day.) I love the fact that the more you actually buy at Woollies, the fewer coins you actually get from the same amount of money. Thus, I always try to buy stuff worth $1 or less so I can get two coins from a $5 note. As a result, I think I've done well this year. I've got $24 worth of coins from only $6 worth of goods.

Quote from: 'seedyrom' pid='111242' dateline='1504205248'It's funny/annoying that they don't have the new $2 coin in the normal $2 coin section of the float, but in another holder. They aren't just distributing it with regular change, but forcing you to ask ... which the apparently stresses the cashiers out.

I think this is deliberate so they can easily find them when people do ask. Otherwise, they have to spend lots of time hunting for them amongst the regular $2 coins, and this stresses out the customers who are waiting in the queue. At least if they can find them easily, they can also get rid of you easily, and move on to the next customer.

autocoupler

For those who collect aluminium/bronze dollars, I'm thinking the four dollar coins in the possum pouch fall into this category, and would be interested in what others think. I'm also wondering if these possum capers will continue in this format next year, if they don't, could they be a sleeper?
As we age we lose three things, one is our memory and arrrrr I\'ve forgotten the other two!

Goldseeker

As far as I am concerned, if it is a $1.00 coin and 25mm diameter, I will collect it.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


nick300

Hi All. Possum Magic is a classic childrens story book that has been around since I was a child . 35 + years. I remember my mum reading it to me when I was a small child and it still brings back happy memories. I now read it to my own kids. Great classic Australian book. Regards Nick

Triggersmob

It seems that a few people know it well.
I'm not one of those.
Maybe I will read it to the Grandkids one day.
Have to get some first. :)
Steve

OFEC count = 258

runway

Possum Magic $1 coins will be best of the series,not circulated and very collectable
Buy what gives you enjoyment