Numista Amendment

Started by Nevol, November 23, 2016, 10:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nevol

I've just sent a request to Numista to modify the description of the Reverse of the images they have for the 1Fc, 2Fc & 5Fc coins ( KM#4, #5, & #6 respectively) for the coins of the New Hebrides.

The bird on each of these coins is identified as a Frigate Bird when it is actually a 'Mackinlay's Cuckoo Dove'. Krause also have it wrong, but I might tackle that a bit later on.

It will be interesting to see if/when the descriptions are modified.

Has anyone ever submitted a request for modification to Numista before?
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

brismike

Yes I have done some. 152 coins added, 245 years added,  770 coins edited,  418 years edited. Mostly Australian coins but a fair few others like euro's etc. Sometimes it can take a while to get a request updated sometimes it is done almost immediatly. It depends on how active the referee is for the country you are adding to or updating. The current Australian Referee is very good.

I have found Numista.com to be an awesome place to connect with other coin collectors who like to swap coins and have managed to get some great coins by swapping aussie coins that are well liked overseas.

Cheers Mike

Ps ... i use the same username on there as here so you can look me up on there. :)
Australian Decimal, UK Decimal, USA & Euro Coins are what I collect.