Melbourne APTA Show

Started by Oldcoinchest, November 04, 2014, 03:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Oldcoinchest

APTA / ANDA Melbourne Stamp, Coin & Banknote Show
Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th November 2014  (10am to 5pm both days)
Malvern Town Hall, corner of Glenferrie Road & High Street, Malvern, VIC
Admission: Adults $5 per day, two-day pass $8, Accompanied Children under 15 FREE
Free Valuations and friendly advice
Show overprinted souvenir products for sale at the Show
Many bargains to find!
Door Prizes
Light Refreshments inside
Plenty of car parking and close to public transport
Don't miss out!

If anyone is after anything in particular just shoot me a pm
May your coin searches be fun and your gradings true

purplepennyhunter

We've already had an ANDA show this year in Melbourne. So now all the Malvern shows are going to be ANDA shows too??? I doubt the table fees at an APTA show are as pricey as those for the ANDA show -for a dealer. But what's the difference then?
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

Oldcoinchest

Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='61872' dateline='1415085681'We've already had an ANDA show this year in Melbourne. So now all the Malvern shows are going to be ANDA shows too??? I doubt the table fees at an APTA show are as pricey as those for the ANDA show -for a dealer. But what's the difference then?

Im sure they are quite a bit cheaper, there is no Royal or Perth mint stands but there are bigger local dealers and some do travel, Mark Tyson from Coinsearch.com was there last time, Trevor Wilkins, Stephen from Salamanca Rare Coins and Steele Waterman to name a few so its a worth while show to go to. Im not to sure what ANDA's roll is in this show, Last one was about 3 months ago and they do do a PNC overprint so if anyone interstate was interested. I can get for you at cost plus the postage of your choice. Here is the link anyhow if anyone is interested http://www.apta.com.au/
May your coin searches be fun and your gradings true

runway

Sounds like a great event.Nice like the Petersham one
Buy what gives you enjoyment

Goldseeker

I will be there to meet several forum members and have a look see.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


Australian coin

took some pics of coins







my little buys
hope i did well
just for a $3 laugh
emu poop :P


and the most I have ever spend on a threepence, eeeeek
I am not sure what it is, but interesting, it has a "cup" effect and doubling


markn

I think that last one might be a die cap Kim.  A great find.
Founder: Australian Coin Forum
The Australian Coin Collecting Blog

jens coins

Had a great day out catching up with a couple of members. Also enjoyed looking at a private collection of medallions, learnt a few things .
Bruce I hope you enjoy your new coin.

Goldseeker

Wifey not too happy though.   Me enjoy it.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


trout

Love the Poop emu, Never seen one of these.
Love it, well done Kimmy :heart:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

dcoin

For those who went, worth going to tomorrow? Have gone previously, however, my recollection is that it was mainly a stamp show.

runway

APTA have many coin dealer members so go take a look dcoin
Buy what gives you enjoyment

Goldseeker

More coin dealers than stamp dealers me thinks.

Plenty of room to move about and no pushy crowds.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


robbiegal

the stampies are moving into the coins as well, cause that is where the money is now that stamps are so flat  
pity though, as they really don't care about the coins, just the money

watch the way they handle the coins and you will see why I said what I said

runway

Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='62137' dateline='1415530427'the stampies are moving into the coins as well, cause that is where the money is now that stamps are so flat  
pity though, as they really don't care about the coins, just the money

watch the way they handle the coins and you will see why I said what I said
They are finally waking up to especially the PNCs :wavemulticolor:
Buy what gives you enjoyment