Oh Dear ( or words to that effect)

Started by trout, December 24, 2013, 01:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

trout

This is why sometimes leaving coins in the original RAM packaging is not always a great idea.
The 20 cent coin is ruined although the other coins are still good..










The 50 cent coin seems to not be affected whatsoever, very strange.


Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Fulvio

That 20¢ looks like it has a fingerprint?

I presume the packaging was PVC, yes?
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

trout

Quote from: 'Fulvio' pid='37995' dateline='1387855769'That 20¢ looks like it has a fingerprint?

I presume the packaging was PVC, yes?

Yes the early issues suffer badly from this :dash1:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

stevo1962

I have 7 of these 1985 sets and I just checked them to find that 2 of the sets have a 20 cent piece that looks to be affected.Both of these sets have the yellow plastic packing so maybe the clear packaging is OK
It\'s not about who you know it\'s about what you know

keldaw

jim ,, mine went ex the same     .20 cent only   ,, kel ,,
take care because we care ..

trout

Quote from: 'keldaw' pid='37998' dateline='1387856697'jim ,, mine went ex the same     .20 cent only   ,, kel ,,

It is a little bit weird that it is only the 20 cent coin affected :dontknow:
I also have 1984 sets with the 20 cent coin beggared as well
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

lacey

Quote from: 'stevo1962' pid='37997' dateline='1387856625'I have 7 of these 1985 sets and I just checked them to find that 2 of the sets have a 20 cent piece that looks to be affected.Both of these sets have the yellow plastic packing so maybe the clear packaging is OK

I have opened app 4 over time, all with yellow plastic and all coins came out great.  opened up 2 non yellow and the 20c didn't look too healthy but not as bad as those in the photos

runway

Buy what gives you enjoyment

Ozcoins

It is pretty poor that packaging does not properly protect the coins.
I have a mint set which has yellowed quite a lot, this also should not happen.
I think I will take the coins out of the yellowed set.

emu666

Notice also the scrape across the obverse of the 50 cent.
This scrape occurs often on most 50 cent issues from the early 1980s to the current ones. It is very common on the 2006 Commonwealth games fifties.

ADMISLSE