Read the fine print. And, keep your wits about you.

Started by JeffH, January 27, 2013, 06:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JeffH

I am about to bid on these...    New Zealand 1969 1c lot of 10 Cat $40 Scarce .

So, what is the catalogue value?
MY 2011 catalogue says $4.00 each for BU. Might be lucky for one or two BU in that lot.
And the $4.00 is NZD so that is about $3 Australian dollars!
My bid will be well less than that.

What puzzles me is that year was not issued to circulation but some of those coins look very well worn. "lot of 10 coins in near UNC to ChUNC condition." Well a few would be near UNC I suspect.

Moral of this story?
•Read the description
•Discount what the seller says (most sellers  fib a little -or a lot).
•Carefully inspect the photos
•Make your own decision on what to bid from what you can see.
•Bid; maybe even drop your bid a little from your first decision. Remember, Many listings on eBay -if you miss this one another, similar will turn up soon.
And, most important, don't jump in if you just found it and it only has a very short time to go. That way lies disaster.
Jeff
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

trout

I have had NO dramas with iswright at all.
The pic's are good and the listing is starting at 99 cents so the buyers will decide what these are worth.
Even toned coins can be MS remember :good:
I can't see any wear from the pics, it's just some of them are Butt ugly
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

JeffH

Butt ugly or not; I bought them for $5.51. Plus a few NZ sets from the same seller.

Jeff
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

trout

Quote from: 'JeffH' pid='7506' dateline='1359344728'Butt ugly or not; I bought them for $5.51. Plus a few NZ sets from the same seller.

Jeff

NOICE
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Mister T

I saw that listing yesterday and thought that $40 catalogue value seemed like a stretch.