Australasian Coin and Banknote

Started by Australian coin, October 01, 2012, 03:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Australian coin

Does anyone subscribe to this, and how much?

Mister T

I don't but the latest issue suggests it's currently $77 a year (I'm sure that's the price but it doesn't explicitly say the price for a one year subscription is $77).

purplepennyhunter

Yes and yes, I think I recall it being about that much.
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

Mister T

Out of curiosity, how are they mailed? Is there a chance that they'll get bent in transit?

purplepennyhunter

They come with a A4 page with your address which is supposed to cover the fact that you're getting a collectable coin magazine in the mail but the back cover is a giveaway with a full page coin or dealer ad. It's all wrapped in plastic like you'd buy a mag in the newsagent so you can't see the contents before you buy.
They will always get rolled up for your po box or mailbox.
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

Nevol

I also subscribe, for $77 you get 11 magazines delivered per annum, the Dec/Jan is a special combined issue.

Like PP says, in plastic wrapper, but mine actually fit flat in my letter box, so it doesn't get rolled.  Lots of reading, good articles, a heap of info on new world Banknotes (not my scene).
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

Splock

You can subscribe through Magshop, where they offer a 2 year subscription for $144. There's also an option for getting a digital version on your iPad through their app which is $6.49 an issue.
Numismatists Don\'t Fear Change


Sapyx

I subscribe through my coin club, which buys them for wholesale price; the subscription for members is cheaper (something like $65/year), and the club still makes a small profit. Plus, they get shipped in a bundle and hand-delivered at the meeting, so they don't get scrunched up or drenched in the mailbox. The only downside is they usually get delivered to the club PO Box just a few days after the meeting date, so I have to wait a month to get each copy.
Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, \"Meditations\"

chookcity



This is the back of the magazine as it comes in a clear plastic bag.



As you can see it's not very discrete but folding isn't a problem so far for me.
Here for a good time, Not a long time.