Looks too good to be true.

Started by JeffH, October 11, 2020, 03:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JeffH

As the old saying goes "if it looks too good to be true it likely is".
What do you think about this? "More than 10 available / 14 sold"

Australian 20 cent coin 1966 wavy error in capsule rare coins, Price: AU $5.00

It is academic now because "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available." Just seemed rather strange to me.

Recent eBay sales for wavy 2 coins have been at $200 and up.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Pedro

Yes, Jeff I saw that one too. Went straight on by. I don't quite understand how there have been 14 sales without a negative. Fiddled with the description maybe.

Pedro

Nevol

Quotethere have been 14 sales 
Only 3 Sales as one "buyer" bought 12 coins.  

Definitely too good to be true.  :whistle2:
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

gweidion

I have sent that guy a message about at least one of his wavy 20 cent pieces saying that is wasn't and appeared to be post mint damage with possibly a nail punch. He asked me if I was saying it is counterfeit. I said I didn't know if it was counterfeit but pointed him to a few examples on eBay of real wavy 20 cents saying your coin looks nothing like these so it isn't a wavy 20 cent.
That wasn't the listing I questioned but I'd have reason to suspect all of these now. Btw, the one I said wasn't was listed for $300 if I recall correctly.