1999 dollar obverses

Started by Mister T, January 01, 2014, 03:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mister T

Does anyone know if each of the three obverses have a different amount of space between the text and the rim?

Unicorn

Quote from: 'Mister T' pid='38583' dateline='1388550986'Does anyone know if each of the three obverses have a different amount of space between the text and the rim?

Gee I'm glad you asked that question Mr T ...... here I am sitting in ignorance that there were three obverses!

Slight rotations, yes, cuds in the circles, yes, cuds in the laurel, yes, doubling in the text, yes, old persons spittle (c) Robster, yes, die fills, yes. If you have a link to a previous 3 obverse discussion please post it. :angel:

emu666


Mister T

Might be better off not knowing Unicorn. On my third look through I think I've finally correctly separated the medium obverses (lots of these) from the small obverses (three of these) and I think I have no large obverses yet.
And thanks emu666 for confirming that. Is the medium obverse what is used on 2000 $1 coins then?

Unicorn

Fabulous Feathers!!!    Great info you have there!!!
(Now to regret any I've returned to the pond ......)
I live in ignorance no longer ...... (at least on this topic).

runway

Buy what gives you enjoyment

Goldseeker

Have the moderators removed several comments from this topic as I seem to have lost one?
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


purplepennyhunter

Yes, please start a new thread for discussion other than the 1999 dollar obverses.
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

Goldseeker

OK Thanks for your response PPH.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


Mister T

So does anyone know if the 1999 medium obverse is what is used for the 2000 $1 coins?

emu666

I'm not certain.  I'll try measuring a 2000 $1 when i get the time (hopefully soon).

Mister T


Mister T

Time for a revisit - I've seen a couple of large head obverses now and they all seem to have doubling around the tops of the letters. Is it a different die or are the letters slightly bigger because of doubling?