Berlin World Money Fair mint sets

Started by interest, February 22, 2018, 09:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

interest

I am in need of a little help with 2009 Berlin World Money Fair Mint set.

In macca's, pp237 it states.


2006. BWMF (Berlin World Money Fair) 1st issue
2007. BWMF 2nd issue
2009. BWMF 3rd issue
2010. BWMF 4th issue
2011. BWMF 5th issue
2012. BWMF 6th issue
2013. BWMF 7th issue
2014. BWMF 8th issue
2015. BWMF 9th issue
2016. BWMF 10th issue
2016. BWMF 11th issue

My problem is I have a 2008. BWMF International Year of Planet Earth, not listed.
But I don't have a 2009. BWMF International Year of Astronomy, & I can't find one.
I do have the three 2009 ANDA sets.


Has anybody got a 2009.BWMF in their possession?
Or could it just be a miss print regarding the 2008 & there is no 2009BWMF?

The Basset

All I can come up with is that yes the 2008 WMF set definitely exists. But you know that. So Greg McDonald, who has a lot of detail to contend with, is probably wrong about 2009. He acknowledges there is one year with no WMF set. I think he's simply nominated the wrong year.

The March 2009 RAM Mint issue contains the following: (cut and pasted.)

RAM Mintissue March 2009
International News
• In early February the Royal Australian
Mint attended the World Money Fair in Berlin. This three day event was well supported from international mints, suppliers, coin dealers and enthusiastic numismatists. A highlight of the event was the announcement of this year's People's Choice for Coin of the Year award. We are delighted that our Kangaroo at Sunset gold coin was nominated and is now regarded with such high international acclaim.

Nothing about the mint set. That was the year the mint relocated. Perhaps they were otherwise engaged. Keep looking! Good luck!

runway

I remember they did a Boston set thinking 2010 or so?
Buy what gives you enjoyment

interest

Quote from: 'runway' pid='114280' dateline='1519386634'I remember they did a Boston set thinking 2010 or so?

That's correct they did,
 but the issue is with the 2008 / 2009. I don't think there is a 2009 Version.

runway

Quote from: 'interest' pid='114285' dateline='1519470568'
Quote from: 'runway' pid='114280' dateline='1519386634'I remember they did a Boston set thinking 2010 or so?

That's correct they did,
 but the issue is with the 2008 / 2009. I don't think there is a 2009 Version.

If they were released I would definitely have it interest and I will confirm I just have to go to the storage vault on the weekend which is a bit of a drive :thank_you:
Buy what gives you enjoyment

Pedro

Can't see anything on Ebay and Google is not showing anything either so looks like your conclusion is correct Interest.

Pedro

interest

Quote from: 'Pedro' pid='114290' dateline='1519503887'Can't see anything on Ebay and Google is not showing anything either so looks like your conclusion is correct Interest.

Pedro

Yeah, I think we may have to get Greg to amend his next book.