When are we changing to the new QE2 effigy?

Started by alexpercival920210@gmail.com, February 16, 2018, 09:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


purplepennyhunter

I quite like the Jody Clark effigy. I don't see us changing from the IRB until the Queen steps down/passes on. They haven't said anything officially.
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum


runway

We are not Canada and I doubt Royal Australian Mint would want anything to do with Canadian Mint given the Poppy Lawsuite
Buy what gives you enjoyment

nealeffendi

Quote from: 'alexpercival920210@gmail.com' pid='114283' dateline='1519453195'^^^ If that is the case then it will be the most significant development in terms of our circulating coinage that we have seen in many years (probably since the introduction of decimal currency, but at least since the change to the IRB effigy in 1999), as we have followed the British by having the same effigy as on their circulating coins ever since they introduced the Commonwealth coinage in 1910

No we have not. The UK coins for both KE7 and GeoV had bald heads, we had crowned effigies.