Does this qualify as a radar?

Started by Triggersmob, January 18, 2015, 05:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Triggersmob

I found this in the till at work this morning.
Slight dog ear in top left corner, but otherwise uncirculated condition.

Steve

OFEC count = 258

Pedro

Has been discussed a bit previously - 6 or 8 digits usually considered the norm for radars and most seem to prefer that being the stricter view. However, you do see the occasional 7 digit radars sold as such on Ebay.

I have a 7 digit radar note and I'm happy with it!

Pedro

Goldseeker

I would have thought that it would easily qualify as a Repeater note, that is 0969 and again 0969.

It is in my opinion a nice find and should be put away somewhere safe.

Definitely a keeper.

Had it been 09699690 then that would have been a RADAR Number.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


Triggersmob

Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='65516' dateline='1421569975'I would have thought that it would easily qualify as a Repeater note, that is 0969 and again 0969.

So busy looking at the radar option that I never noticed the repeater. :)
Steve

OFEC count = 258

keldaw

from me too , that is an 8 number repeater , not a radar note .

 very good number to have and to hold .    ,, kel ,,
take care because we care ..

coxspau

Nice repeater there, especially if in good nick.

Triggersmob

It seems like it might be a keeper, but I don't collect these.
If anyone wants it, shoot me an offer I can't refuse and it's yours.
Steve

OFEC count = 258

keldaw

thanks for the offer Steve but I have plenty of repeaters and radars already , and there is not much call for them just now .  ,, kel ,,
take care because we care ..

Goldseeker

I was going to make an offer last night but the Treasurer put her foot down and said NO.   Sorry.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


Fulvio

Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='65547' dateline='1421643983'I was going to make an offer last night but the Treasurer put her foot down and said NO.   Sorry.

Offer $50, and don't tell her. Just swapping one note for another, so of no concern.

Then once you've got it, say "Oh, look what I just found in my wallet! This is worth hanging onto!" and stash it away.

There's always more than one way to skin a cat. Or a Treasurer. :angel:
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW