main variations in 1' and 2's

Started by Russ e, November 22, 2012, 07:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Russ e

after another dismal effort of tracking down the $2 coin yestie in any shape or form, i decided on to ask for any 1c or 2c thinking, every other time they say no we cant let them go, well they shocked me and i came home with another 6 or 7 kg of them.
so now instead of checking each individual coin up close and personal i just want to check the dates and SD to save time. but before i start i want to make sure there are no other main variations to look for? errors will be obvious. thanks for any help.
might even make a few bright and shiny ones to list as brasso lustred :angel:
giving up this forum after secret santa, what with all my meds playing games with my head these messages i see between page loadings do not help one little bit when i am on a downer. no offense to anyone but seeing those words written every stuffin time does get to me.

Mister T


enworb

I wouldnt be bothered with the mintmarks to be honest. They can be very hard to determine on a circulated coin. Just chrck 66, 67, 68 and 81 for no SD and keep any 68s of course.

gnome

Also think there may be different 4's in the 1974 2 cent pieces.

AaronG

I agree with enworb, ofcourse keep the 1968's

Graham

Quote from: 'enworb' pid='3715' dateline='1353537669'I wouldnt be bothered with the mintmarks to be honest. They can be very hard to determine on a circulated coin. Just chrck 66, 67, 68 and 81 for no SD and keep any 68s of course.
I have a 1973 no SD that is NOT a die fill.

Quote from: 'Graham' pid='3721' dateline='1353545145'
Quote from: 'enworb' pid='3715' dateline='1353537669'I wouldnt be bothered with the mintmarks to be honest. They can be very hard to determine on a circulated coin. Just chrck 66, 67, 68 and 81 for no SD and keep any 68s of course.
I have a 1973 no SD that is NOT a die fill.
The photo I have of it is a 433kb jpeg which is too large to post. Markn might still have a copy of it.

purplepennyhunter

Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

Graham


JeffH

Keep '69 2¢ too. Lowest mintage year.

Jeff
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

enworb

Is there any other known examples of a 1973 with no SD?

Fordprefect

There is also Perth Reverse
1973 and 1974 2c coins.
Rob the Elder

Russ e

here i was thinkin i could save heaps of time lol but with my system of sorting out rubbish and putting the rest into years will make it easy in the end i guess
giving up this forum after secret santa, what with all my meds playing games with my head these messages i see between page loadings do not help one little bit when i am on a downer. no offense to anyone but seeing those words written every stuffin time does get to me.

Graham

Quote from: 'Fordprefect' pid='3749' dateline='1353564359'There is also Perth Reverse
1973 and 1974 2c coins.

I never knew that.  No one (that I'm aware of) has ever spoken about "no sd" other than the 66, 67, 687 and 81.  Learn something new every day :yahoo:

Mister T

Quote from: 'gnome' pid='3716' dateline='1353537718'Also think there may be different 4's in the 1974 2 cent pieces.

I haven't heard about that. Do you know what to look for? Is it to do with the different mints maybe?