Perth Mint Australian Megafauna - Procoptodon 2013 1oz Silver Proof Coin

Started by purplepennyhunter, November 23, 2013, 04:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

purplepennyhunter

Not sure who's noticed but our esteemed AC has been missing for a short while and she's kicking her heels up in Thailand!

Her collector Mum Jenny forwarded me some information to pass onto the forum about a release from the Perth Mint. Here's what she had to say.

Australian Megafauna - Procoptodon 2013 1oz Silver Proof Coin

"....let you know about something that may effect other forum members.

I do not know how to post on there so am letting you know this way.
I had to phone the Perth Mint about another order I had and they informed me that the above coin which we were about to get signed at the coin show at Etihad in October.

We were told at the show if we wanted to purchase the remaining coins in the set we could also get them signed as well by the designer, but apparently the Perth Mint had a meeting after the show and decided not to go ahead with this even tho the designer said he was quiet happy to sign the remainder of the series.

The Perth Mint advised me that if a collector purchased the first one with the intention of getting the remainder signed, we could return the first one for a full refund.

I don not know if there was any other forum members who had there coin certificate signed, but you may wish to put it up on the forum so that no one else is disappointed like we are."

So it appears the Perth Mint won't be minting the final coin in this set. I am actually not familiar with this release but maybe those collecting the series now know what's happening.
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum