Australian-Coins Forum

Numismatic Discussion => Up and Coming Events => Topic started by: purplepennyhunter on September 16, 2012, 08:25:17 PM

Title: Tour, what tour?
Post by: purplepennyhunter on September 16, 2012, 08:25:17 PM
Floriade Mint Tour (http://www.ramint.gov.au/media/noticeboard/2012/20120914.cfm)

What is this all about?
Title: RE: Tour, what tour?
Post by: Australian coin on September 17, 2012, 11:30:11 AM
They did it before with the bluebell counterstamp at the beginning of the year. "no coins this time"


But I am unsure about the no bookings part; they will end up with more people wanting to go on tours and not enough staff to take care of them.
It is clever to be open for the extra tourist for the floriade festival; they are only part of the free things to do part of the floriade

http://www.floriadeaustralia.com/free

I am guessing it is just general tours, not behind the scenes
So your not missing out on anything, I don’t think they are going to drop special coins.
Title: RE: Tour, what tour?
Post by: rubystein on September 24, 2012, 10:24:09 PM
Australian War Memorial visit anytime is Canberra is a must do